Will Dirt 3 or Shift 2 be supported?

Why Howie ?

I'm an expert in Shift 1/2 modding world, why shall BTB it, that makes no sense to me...

Just use 3DSim or Zmodeler to get your cars/tracks & tweak them slightly (UVs check, UVs regroup/packing, optimization, deletion of invisible 'ingaming' meshes (engines for example in case you car isn't 'destroyable'....=> Racer)

All I say here, I already did the testings, it works perfectly well, depends also on how well you're organized & how many techniques you know to get your dreams coming true fast. Filter from mats & regroup/combine things to make your life easier in your 3D app.

Cheers !

Have to excuse my ignorance... so you are sayin we can currently load and make or edit shift 2 tracks with 3DSim and Maya?
Can you point me in the right direction? I work in CG and know 3D modeling, etc... just no idea what to use etc...

What about Dirt 3?

No worries...

I'm actually driving with tweaked Shift 1/2, Dirt2, GRid, F1 2010 cars & tracks in Racer. They're all different from one another, sometimes textures are too small, or models needs to be combined, for example FM3 cars LOD0 interior which I typically merge to the outside car mesh LOD1.

In 3DSim, you load/import them (mebs, pssg), do some serious filtering, delete the unwanted parts & explode parts for final dae export & finally purge the whole (mats/text/objects). I normally check visually all UVs, where it overlaps I decide what to do, etc...but that's the final part in Maya.

The fact is, tracks contains an infinity of textures, static/dynamic objects & other stuff you want in your track, so that's 1 reason why using BTB with Maya is one of the best. I normally work with the original road + terrain. The rest is added/modded by myself via custom scripts in Maya for random distribution of trees; for example.

Let me know if you have any other questions, I'll try to answer :)

thanks!

well 1st off, where can I download and try one of your tracks in Shift 2? or are you saying you are only importing stuff from everything and brining it into Racer?

id like to be able to mod/make tracks for Shift 2 or D3... havent heard much about either so figure no one is modding... like RBR, would LOVE to see a community of people making tracks, etc...

sadly, i doubt it will happen :(

The codies track have absolutely LOADS of polys per track. So editing them can be awkward.

I converted the 8 track from Grid (which is pretty similar) into rFactor and i had to remove so much stuff, it was hardly worth it in the end.

I think to start with, before removing anything, it had around 400k polys, but this was rendering things like buildings far far away and terrain that spanned huge distances.

Seeing as BTB can hang on tracks with what rF would consider alot of polys, i dont think it will be any time soon that it will support track making for these later games.

heh ok let me rephrase... is anyone doing it, are there sites, or tutorials, and how do you do it? ;)
i use Maya daily... but have no idea how to convert tracks to obj or whatever to bring into maya...
is it possible and how? can you lead me in the right direction to somehow edit and make dirt 3 and shift 2 tracks?

cheers!

Not that I know, because there's some ways to do it, some modders go thru Zmodeler which does an obj export or 3DSim with its dae file. You also need to unpack your game with Aluigi tools (quickbms script...). That's it, you shouldn't have any problems handling Zmodeler nor 3DSimEd for filtering & regrouping actions before exporting each part separately to avoid too much confusion.

I recently did the Brazil GP from F1 2010 track from Codemasters, forget about it, pain...:wink:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.