Will Dirt 3 or Shift 2 be supported?

Do you know of 3dSimEd? http://www.sim-garage.co.uk/ You can get a 20 day demo, then you need to buy it.

To explain it briefly,,,
* Export your track from BTB,
* Import the scn file into simed
* Edit any material names
* Export to your favourite sim

There will be a bit of manual editing, so you will have to learn how all the extra data files go together.

anyone fancy as a test taking something like one of the new RBR tracks made in the past few years, you know those really cool long ones and converting it for use in Dirt 3? they have mentioned a 9km limit and why the tracks are so short in D3, Id love to see this proven wrong with one of those new long RBR tracks...

damn, got my hopes up, ya thanks ive posted there and PRAY its possible...

i dont get it , all games basically are made of polys and textures, and no real reason why you cant simply load them in any 3D package...

damn, got my hopes up, ya thanks ive posted there and PRAY its possible...

i dont get it , all games basically are made of polys and textures, and no real reason why you cant simply load them in any 3D package...
Each game has their own thing, each new version of that game has extra things which changes the thing. It's not just the polys and textures, its the shaders and how the game engine processes those poly's, textures and shaders.

It's not a case of them doing it to be a pain, its what their game engine supports, each game engine does something different than the other, each new version of that same engine does new and improved things, like gtl, gtr2, raceon/evo, etc, all the same company, but each game has newer technology added to the engine which makes the old format obsolete.

gotcha... ok so we need someone to infiltrate Codemasters or SMS and steal their editors ;)
hehe... i miss the good old atari days when most programmers could easily hack and make an editor for any game... now its just too complicated and time consuming...

but I thought BOB doesnt do things sometimes because he doesnt think its sim worthy... :(

Can anyone enlighten us as to track length limits for each of the popular formats?
Ive been informed that a 200km track will work in rF although it's un-drive-able due to 'body-shake'.
Im going to do an experiment of my own soon for rF but (again), how about the other formats?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back