Why do I struggle so badly to keep RWD cars on the road compared to...

This is not a thread to compare sim racing games, but I merely would like to know why I struggle so much to keep a RWD car in rF2 on the road compared to other sims.....

As an example, take AC, RE3, GSCE and pCars.....I can drive any RWD car in these 4 and go close to the limit and yet, somehow, I still keep the car on track.

I jump on rF2 RDW and I cant even make 1 lap without spinning. No, the track is not green but fully rubbered.

Maybe rF2 is into another league of its own, hard core stuff and I can't handle it....or is there some other freken reason that I am missing?

Yesterday, I had one of the most amazing races in RE3 with the Chevrolet Corvette Z06.R GT3...oh boy that was fun and I managed to keep with the fast ones.....

I would not be able to do 1 lap in rF2 with a similar car :(

Yes yes, I tried many other cars. GT1, GT3, formula ISI and the new Palatov....and nothing.

Honestly, this is a mystery to me. Unfortunately I'm gonna have to give up rF2 for now.

Sorry mate. Unfortunately I suspect it's a local issue on your side(PC/Game Installation) related. There's 3 full grids in FSR with not a single person having the same issue.

Anyway,hope you get it sorted.

Must be mate. rF2 used to work perfectly fine in the recent past, so I know how FFB feels in rF2 and how great it is :)

I regret saying this, because it seems you've already done this, but I would do a full re-install of the game, deleting all files that are left over after uninstall, then downloading the latest build and installing it, if I were you.

But as you say, if other sims can keep you happy, no use bothering with this one if you can't make it work. :(

You can :) But 5 others already did and its the same. I think I'm gonna end up buying a new wheel.

Maybe rF2 uses the G25 differently then the other games, not sure and maybe something is ffed up in the wheel.

PS: I lived in Gauteng for 6 months last year, could have borrowed your wheel to test :p

Last edited:
You can :) But 5 others already did and its the same. I think I'm gonna end up buying a new wheel.

Maybe rF2 uses the G25 differently then the other games, not sure and maybe something is ffed up in the wheel.

PS: I lived in Gauteng for 6 months last year, could have borrowed your wheel to test :p

Damn. Lol. Didn't know that. :) Where do you reside now?

But in that case, using mine won't make any difference... So testing another wheel seems to be the only option left...

I wouldn't try the FR 3.5. Try the GTs. Or the classic F3s. You shouldn't be spinning under power so easily. Something isn't right. I can play with no FFB and still almost never spin just by going by visuals and sounds and feeling the car that way. Check your pedals, maybe they have major issues with their sensors/pots. Something isn't right as the RF2 overall physics engine (including tyre model) actually allows even better and more natural oversteer correction than RF1 and prior based stuff.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.