1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why aren't we using the Vauxhall Vectra?

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Matt Clark, Jun 12, 2010.

1. Hi guys, was just wondered why none of the RD Servers use the vectra as it is a free add-on, Would be nice too add another car into the mix, or is there a specific reason its not included?

2. I remember there were a couple of reasons.

A) It required a large demo to download for one car (this has been fixed by Gunthar/Artsonika's standalone mod which is very small)
    B) The physics for it are not updated alongside the other RACE cars - this was solved by Gunthar a patch ago but is currently not.

3. ah right fair enough, are there any new wtcc cars in development that you know of?

4. The BTCC Honda Civic seems to be in perpetual development ;)

There are many in rFactor.

5. on youttube there is a vid of a chevvy cruze, dont know know genuine it is

6. The Cruze is genuine... theres a group over at nogrip creating it for the WTCC '10 mod

7. Isn't that just a cleverly skinned Lacetti?

9. No, it's not. I have seen pictures of the model and they have it ingame as far as I can tell.

10. Oooo.

11. I could bring the Vectra physics up to v1.2.1.2 easy enuf...

12. That would be useful, but perhaps would be good to see if Yuri and the ARC would run it?

13. yea that would be awesome

14. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Omg please let them not use those beautiful engine sounds of the BMW E46 for a Cruze :no:

I think the Lacetti and the Cruze have more or less the same engine.