Why am i so slow on cars with new tyre model?

Hi Everyone
On the regular content I am on the pace of AI 110%, but with the content that uses the new tyre model (Indy Car IR-18 and the BMW DTM) i am miles off the pace, I have to lower the AI to 95% to get around mid pack? It's so strange (the grip levels for the AI are altered in the game files, not sure if that may affect the new tyres)

You can answer that yourself if you observe: Did the AI get faster or did you get slower, judging by laptimes?
noy sure what you mean, I can literally use any car/track and get pole at 105% and be mid pack 110-115%, but I use the IR-18 with the new tyre model and suddenly I have to lower the AI to 95% to get the same result

noy sure what you mean, I can literally use any car/track and get pole at 105% and be mid pack 110-115%, but I use the IR-18 with the new tyre model and suddenly I have to lower the AI to 95% to get the same result
Yeah that was badly expressed, sorry for that.

What I mean is, compared to real life lap times for the Indy Car, are the AI matching those lap times and you struggle to keep up, or are you matching real life lap times and the AI are faster?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.