F1 2011 Whose idea was it to drop the list of 'real' names this year?

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Do they really think only having current drivers' names, along with some former drivers and the three worst nicknames ever, is sufficient? Surely they still have the recordings of David Croft saying all those names from last year, and since he's now the only person to interview you I don't see why they couldn't have been re-used. As it is we have 'Alan' AND 'Alain', and I don't think too many Kekes, Mikas (my eventual grudging choice to replace 'Matt') or Jochems are going to be playing through career.

Not a huge deal, but a baffling one.

Hmph. I know what you mean - especially as my name was on that list last year! It's only a little detail, but it's cool to be called by your real name. Now I don't know what to use for the audio, the nicknames are pathetic and there are only three as well.

the audio names are only for co op this year though, so think they decided to use the names they did for a bit of fun & current drivers possibly incase you want to be called by the name of the driver you have replaced?

I found the whole name thing pretty lame to be honest. For people like me who are not american or british it was pretty stupid to be forced to pick a name that doesnt even come close to your own.

Oh well, I survived in F1 2010 as Brian :D

They don't use the audio names in career anymore? I guess it doesn't matter to me then; I'll let it call me 'Mark' if it wants to. I often wondered if other territories had less Anglicised names; guess now I know - thx Brian. ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back