Who's got the Retro Pack and fancies a fun race with the Retro Cool cars?

Jim Hawley

PrestoGP Veteran
As the title say's

How many of us have it and would be up for a run?, I'm thinking Weds 17th of August, maybe at Goodwood? as it's in keeping with the retro theme and it's a nice fast track

Only if we can get 10+ drivers to make it fun

Jim

We do m8:) I have taken part in quite a few RD events..as has Valter and Kurt + many more, and I often check to see if there's anything interesting coming up, I keep waiting to see F3000 at Brands Hatch... but alas it doesn't seem to float the RD boat:wink:

Jim:cool:

I'm in Jim :)

And Yves, you are probably right that we could be better at considering RD-events. If someone (like Jim) sees some cool race that would suit us, feel free to suggest it in our forum, and maybe a bunch of us could join.

Personally I admit that I am almost never outside the PrestoGP part of the forum. The only reson for this is that being both admin and driver takes up so much time, so I have to "save it in" everywhere else. Therefore I only do the things I have to do. In turn I try to do these things as well as I can :)

One thing though, we should make time for a practice race where we test out stuff for next season.

As it is about a month until the first race at Spa, I think we should use this track (Spa) also for the practice race, this way we'll get a maximum number of guys to join.

So, I think we should have a practice race where we test out the hottest alternative format to what we currently do. Also, we can consider making it a race with changable conditions (e.g. rain in start and then sun or other way around, or preferably, unknown).

After the race we can vote if we want to go for (parts) of the test format or remain with the current one.

Any thoughts?

As for the retro-race, could we consider doing it at a track that I/we already know (and is already installed on server), like e.g. brands hatch or something (or is Goodwood an ingame track)? It will make the "enjoyable race/time invested" ratio more favourable for me at least :) And if needed, moved to another date if it falls on the most desired date for the "next seasons format practice race" :)

Sorry for the late notice.

Good idea for the practice race Nico,

We have raced goodwood before in a fun race so I would have thought it's on the server already, I just thought it would be good with the retro theme, glorious goodwood an all that

Plus its easy to learn, its a simple layout

Jim

Ye good idea nico we should really get practise race for spa to try out new things, will we be trying no pit speed limit ? spa has a nice safe exit and entrance for high speed. Still quite a long pitlane for 2 stopper but monza for example would be a really fast pitstop track with no speed limits.

One thing though, we should make time for a practice race where we test out stuff for next season.

As it is about a month until the first race at Spa, I think we should use this track (Spa) also for the practice race, this way we'll get a maximum number of guys to join.

So, I think we should have a practice race where we test out the hottest alternative format to what we currently do. Also, we can consider making it a race with changable conditions (e.g. rain in start and then sun or other way around, or preferably, unknown).

After the race we can vote if we want to go for (parts) of the test format or remain with the current one.

Any thoughts?

Which track layout of Spa? 2003, 2004 [as previous seasons] or the newer 2008?

How many laps? SuperPole? All the usual questions. :)

Which track layout of Spa? 2003, 2004 [as previous seasons] or the newer 2008?
Doesn't matter to me. I would say default is the one that is currently hosted (2004). If anybody are keen to change this, give me a shout.

How many laps?
Depends on the length of qualify and warmup :)

SuperPole? All the usual questions. :)
Depends on what we want :)

will we be trying no pit speed limit ? spa has a nice safe exit and entrance for high speed. Still quite a long pitlane for 2 stopper but monza for example would be a really fast pitstop track with no speed limits.
We can try out free pit speed if the majority want to try it :)

One posibility is:
Qual: 5 min super pole
Warmup: 5 min
Race: 80 minutes

Or whatever mix people think would prefer. Would be great if the three sessions roughly added up to 90 minutes though :)

Yeah, a practice race at the default track (Spa 2004) would make the most sence to me, too. So we won't see any bad surprises caused by a new (unknown?) track. And if we like to test the suggested things, why not test all the suggested things?

So I agree with Nicos suggestion:

- super pole,
- therefore 80 mins race
+ no pit limiter

For me the next two wednesdays would suit well. :)

@Nico: If you like to host such an event, I'd recommend to start a new announcement thread so we get as much attendence as possible by hopefully all signed up drivers. :)

Nico

If you want to use the weds 17th for the practice race that's fine, we'll re organise the retro fun run for another date, Maybe we could do the fun run on a Saturday morning?

Jim

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back