1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Who will take Webber's seat in 2014?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by RaceDepartment, Jul 8, 2013.

1. RaceDepartment

RaceDepartment
    Administrator Staff

View the Post on the Blog

2. Ricciardo I believe, Vergne I want.;)

3. Vettel had issues with Webber and he is probably the nicest guy in the world. Imagine what would happen with Kimi. Its perfectly clear that Vettel is No1 driver for Red Bull. I dont think Kimi can settle for second. I would love to see Vergne he is a skillful driver :)

4. Webber is the furthest thing from the nicest guy in the world I've ever seen in F1. Vettel may not always be a team player, but Webber is even less so.

On Topic: I believe Ricciardo will get it. He's upped his game immensely since Webber announced his move.

5. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin
    Premium Member

i believe no one as marks f1 seat is moulded to the shape of marks back and bum ... i sincerely hope redbull will mould a new one for whoever they choose

;)

Andi

6. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Seb has said he has no problems with Kimi joining the team in 2014. Interesting.

On the other hand Red Bull has a sister team for a reason so it would be good practice to forward Ricciardo or Vergne as the natural replacement for Webber and free up a space for a newcomer in the junior team.

7. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Staff

Much like they did with Vettel back then. It'd make sense and I think Ricciardo and, especially, Vergne have proven they're up for the task.

8. You have forgotten the most (un)likely candidate.

The man. The legend.

Narain Karthikeyan! :confused:

And thus, a "wonderful" team is born. Cucumber and Finger-boy!

Now seriously, I'm not sure if Red Bull would benefit from having 2 alpha drivers in the team, that rarely works.

9. They have that now. The difference is, Seb and Kimi are friends off the track too.

10. At the moment I belive it will bei Kimi, but I hope Ricciardo.

11. Dux

Dux
    The 1st MK Formula 1 rFactor Sim-Racing Champion Premium Member

Not only that but Kimi also respond to a question for him, if he wanted to drive and Newey designed car he answered like "i have driven his cars before! and maybe i have other plans, so the future will tell"

i think that the stereotypes of Vettel being afraid of Kimi are rubbish and pretty much hate-talking, i think Kimi is actually more afraid of Vettel, cause after all Grosjean if wasnt for his innexperienced driving he is quite fast with the Lotus and yesterday, if wasnt for the SC Kimi would have been nowhere near both Vettel and Grosjean.

I would like to see vergne in the team

• Like Like x 1
  12. Dux

Dux
    The 1st MK Formula 1 rFactor Sim-Racing Champion Premium Member

and a small mistake to the text, Mclaren since Prost and Senna never had two champions in one team until 3 years after Hamilton and Alonso separated, it was Button and Hamilton.

In 2007 only Champ was Alonso :)

It is so weird how in 2007 there was only one champion and now there are 5 champions! We are watching new history in creation

13. Mohameddo-san

Mohameddo-san
    F1 Sim Racer & #1 St. Bernard Lover on RD Premium Member

Ricciardo. He's the truly capable one. He will also be treated like a No. 2 just like Webber.

14. Being Australian, I'm probably biased when I say that I'd rather Riccardo gets the seat than Vergne. However, this is also not illogical patriotism. As well as Riccardo being more experienced than Vergne, he also does qualify much better. In fact, I think he often over-qualifies the car (i.e. qualifies extremely well, amongst much better cars). Certainly in recent races at least, where he's qualified well inside the top 10 whilst Vergne has been in the lower spots of Q2 (quick disclaimer: I am doing this off memory so I may have some facts wrong here - so don't judge me if they are! :p). Some people may say "Vergne is obviously a better driver than Riccardo because Riccardo always loses spots in the race whilst Vergne gains positions." However, those positions that Riccardo loses are generally to much faster cars.

15. It's not going to happen by any stretch of the imagination I think but I think Hulkenburg or Di Resta would both be a match for Vettel. Di Resta has proven to be more than capable of beating Vettel in lower formulae and Hulkenburg seems completely unbeatable by anyone. I have slight doubts over Kimi's out and out pace relative to Vettel, as consistent as he is, and I don't think either of the Torro Rosso's are going to set the world alight in a Red Bull.

I just hope Red Bull pick the fastest driver as I'd like to see someone beat Vettel in the same car, just for a change.

16. For marketing reasons and race consistency I would go for Kimi. Kimi's marketing value for RB is much higher compared to for example other RB junior drivers and Hulkenberg.
    Mercedes have two great driver and winning team championship next year could be very difficult without fast race proven drivers who gets good results every race.
    Kimi would not go to Red Bull if he would "afraid" Vettel''s speed.

17. U forgot someone, Felix da Costa, he during he's three or four seasons in the motorsport, have shown that is quick, have courage, and above all have Hands.
    For instance he in is first season in World Series by Ranault, in a Arden Caterham, in only four or five race, achieved the 5 first in the championship.

18. Martin Maaskant

Martin Maaskant
    Premium Member

Guido van de Garde :) But that is a "bit" biased. But I think RBR will go for Kimi. They have to think about Vettel leaving RBR. When contracting Kimi they have a potential WC winner in the future.

19. Kimi would be best suited...

20. Best driver now: Raikkonen
    Best driver in the future: Hülkenberg
    Make Helmut Marko happy: Ricciardo or Vergne

Your pick, Red Bull :p