1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Who thinks that Santander/Abbey has too much exposure on F1.

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by John Bergqvist, Jan 6, 2009.

1. Seriously i think they should scale down or something, there logo is everywhere, its practically the only sponsor @ the british GP last year. and the trophy is just the logo now. its stupid.

2. i've never heard of them. tell me more...

3. these people, who have their logos plastered over practically every grand prix:
    [​IMG]

4. Nope, They're getting what they want from their money - exposure. More exposure = more cash. More cash means less stupid money saving ideas from Mosley.

5. they should probably consider hooking up with lewis hamilton or something....

6. guess you was click me :laugh2:

7. yeh, see them at every corner at least 10 times... They're all that's keeping F1 going in this goddamned recession!

8. Ross Balfour

Ross Balfour
    #99 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs

I see them everywhere but I dont even know what they do?

9. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Isnt it promotion for the city of Santander in Spain? Although if a city must advertise them so much to be attractive i wont pay them a visit for sure :)

Funny that the local football club is called RACING Santander, maybe they confused some parts lol

10. It's the largest bank in Europe, both personal and investment banking I think, and they own Abbey :)

11. Xosé Estrada

Xosé Estrada
    Premium Member

Is the "Banco de Santander", wich has the name of the city where it was founded, on the north, Cantabric coast (Atlantic Ocean) of Spain, and is one of the biggest banks in Europe.

Abbey is a British bank Santander bought few years ago.

They went to McLaren with Fernando Alonso and they will be Ferrari sponsor for 2010...

12. So, do you think Fernando will be moved too with the bank to Ferrari?

13. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Now you mention it, that does make sense