F1 2016 Who else groans when they know they have a wet race?

F1 2016 The Game (Codemasters)
I'm racing on Expert with medium TC and all other assists off.

During dry races I can generally slightly over-perform in my Renault and squeek into the points regularly. Yet when it rains I'm so far off the pace it's almost pointless.

I'm lowering my differential to 50% and I'm still sliding all over the joint.

I'm happy to practice, but I don't feel like sinking 7 hours into a single track because the first 10% of the race is in the wet.

Just needed to vent, that's all.

Yer its super torquey in the bottom rev range isn't it, super gentle throttle required........you out in Expert mode or Legend btw ? I tried Legend briefly but found it a bit much, and sadly Expert a bit easy it seems !

medium TC i still mash the throttle (i think? ive got a fairly light right foot), maybe not as much as in dry conditions, & straighten the car out as best i can...seem to keep pace w/ AI on expert easily enough. but definitely groan, every time.

I'm generally pretty relaxed on the throttle with my linearity settings and with the newer (less each year I think) droplets on the visor I'm pretty comfortable. Certainly above my dry weather pace in comparison to the AI. I'm also more of a lifter/coaster which maybe helps too.

Always hated wet races, now I absolutely love it, often outpace the top runners, especially in changing weather conditions. I don't know why, guess the sense of grip has improved a lot.
I am the same, always hated them especially in codemasters F1 games. Now I love them. They take that little bit extra effort and concentration which is only right, but the new handling in the wet makes it a total pleasure.

As I play with no assists throttle control is paramount, as is brake modulation. But it is just so rewarding.

As will all other games and set difficulty levels, I wish they would give us an AI percentage difficulty slider as everyone is different.....

We should have both. Each difficulty sets a particular percentage, then you can tweak in between the difficulties. How hard can it be?

The problem is the immense differences between difficulty settings. On some tracks the differene between expert and legend van get up to 2-3s a lap... I mean WHAT THE DEUCE?! I'm a lot quicker than the AI on expert but too slow for Legend.

The difficulty settings must have some serious variation because for me on legendary the AI are quite a bit slower in the wet than in the dry relative to my pace.

My first career podium, China in the McLaren Legend difficulty with no assists. Qualified 9th in the dry but race was heavy wet.

Made it to 7th in the wet when up ahead of me Massa and Ricciardo decided to take each other out and cause a yellow flag around the midpoint of the race. I was at the last corner so dove into the pits for full wets since the rain had intensified.

Ended up in 4th with 5 laps to go when Jeff let me know that Hamilton had a problem and lost a 8 second gap to me to be passed in T1 in the last lap.

I love the rain, it was honestly the most fun I've had in an F1 game in years.

In games without weather, there are people constantly whinging in the forums for rain ( AC, RRE), but really most people don't use it cause it's too hard. I suck at it, but the rain in the F1 games is great and can even out the field in multi-player ( I can hear the groans over my headset when the race comes up as "wet". Ha Ha). The tyre strategy when you get variable conditions is great fun.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back