F1 2010 Who designed this Malaysia hell?

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi Everyone,

So I recently recovered from a serious PC crash. And had to restart my career. Now its Sepang. Last time, this race took me more than 30 attempts and even then i finished last. So this time i thought i would be better prepared. But no, its the same old hell ride. I have no clue how to manage this track. Most of the setups that are given here don't work very well. I am currently racing with 7/6 wings. That does help me control the car. But the increased downforce prevents greater speeds. How did you guys manage this race? My lowest times yet 1:40:3xx!!

Sector 3! But i don't get to see the exact times. Every time i enter the pit and view the monitor and see my time break-ups, i see S1 and S2 times only, S3 times are not given! All i hear is Bob saying "Your S3 times are well down."

I just did the race with 3/2 and here are my settings:
Aerodynamics
Front Wing Angle: 3
Rear Wing Angle: 2

Braking
Balance: F 46% - R 54%
Pressure: medium (for qualifying) / high (race)
Brake Size:standard (this option is not available yet)

Balance
Ballast Distribution: F 80% - R 20%
Front Anti-roll Bar: 4
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 7

Suspension
Front Ride Height: 2
Rear Ride Height: 2
Front Spring Stiffness: 5
Rear Spring Stiffness: 7

Gearbox
Gear 1: 142 kph / xxx mph
Gear 2: 177 kph / xxx mph
Gear 3: 209 kph / xxx mph
Gear 4: 244 kph / xxx mph
Gear 5: 280 kph / xxx mph
Gear 6: 319 kph / xxx mph
Gear 7: 361 kph / xxx mph

Engine
Throttle map: standard (This is not available yet)
Fuel: N/A

Alignment
Camber front: -0.90
Camber rear: -3.30
Toe front: 0.15
Toe rear: 0.50

When do i get Throttle Map and Brake Size option. I have hit 100% targets in all 3 races till now!

Alignment
Camber front: -0.90
Camber rear: -3.30
i think that slows you a bit. you need postive front and a bit less rear.

balance is a tasty thing but i drive on most of the tracks with 50:50. malaysia, istanbul 60:40.

but i think you drive the track wrong.

Malaysia is a very wide track but there is still just one ideal line. It is a bit tricky to get your lines right throughout this track and the problem is compounded because the track has a lot of blind apexes (in cockpit view at least). There's just one remedy and that is to practice untill you get the lines right

i think that slows you a bit. you need postive front and a bit less rear.

balance is a tasty thing but i drive on most of the tracks with 50:50. malaysia, istanbul 60:40.

but i think you drive the track wrong.

Aren't all camber settings in negative? Do you mean i should have it at something like -0.70 and -2.80 or something?

Even i realize that i drive the track incorrectly. Especially the last few turns in S3! That's where i am losing most time!

ohh yes. i mean the upper 2 change to left side. i have -1.30 / - 2.90 or something. but thats not the biggest problem for yout time. like steve stoop said, the track is wide and tricky, you must find the right line in 3 important turns. the first. the turn before the first straight before the start/finish, and the right turn after the left apex in the midfield.

i hope you understand what i mean

But how do i get Throttle Map and Brake size??? I have hit 100% of all targets and still no options in 4 races now! Does long weekend or short weekend have any effect on it??

Finished 6th or 7th eventually in Sepang and 3rd in China. But now onto my next nightmare... Catalunya! :(

I am waiting to get into Istanbul i perform better from then on! :)

Although it is a tough track I love it. As Steve mentioned it's the blind turns that make it so difficult especially if you are in cockpit view but of course that does just add to the challenge and makes it all the more satisfying when you get it right. I love the part between turns 5-8 and find turn 14 to be the most difficult to get right. Screwed up many a quick lap at that turn as you can lose so much time there....

Got a league race there tonight so better get a bit more practice in now ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back