1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

which tyres do you choose?

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 5' started by Marcel Ascher, Nov 29, 2010.

1. which tyres do you choose for the most fun??? (standard, comfort, race-tyres)
  2. Its got to be the race tyres but in the softs, all aids off and away ya go. You can lose traction but get it back quick enough with that rubber on.

Most fun Iv had is the AMG special event roung nurburgring..... In that old merc its just looovely
  3. I haven't tried race tires, sports are so much fun, especially with 1000bhp :p
  4. I've been going with mainly sport softs, though more for the affordability than anything else. Just tried my first set of race softs, and it felt like my Scuderia was on rails.
  5. Now turn off all aids and assists and do trial mountain..... love that track.
  6. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson
    The Stoat Without Fear ™ Premium Member

So far, the middle tyres (sports?) and medium.

Grinsville. :good:
  7. I've been using mostly sports mediums and racing hard tyres, i did get some medium racing tyres for my Mclaren F1 but they have too much grip (imo), the hards are spot on for that car. driving everything appart from my lamborghini murcielago without aids, that car is just not enjoyable to drive without them, its a hopeless mess, quite nice with them on though, soft sports on that car.
  8. Abdul Al-Amry

Abdul Al-Amry
    2011 RD Indy 500 Winner

190E just like GT4 Adam? If so that event and the previous one in GT4 were my fav.
  9. Nah that event is 300SL ;)

Lancia Delta S4 rally car is awesome as well!
  10. Since I don't have any monster machine yet, I prefer driving comfort (soft-normal) tyres
    they are so damn fun because the car handling feels more pure and natural!
  11. I've mainly been leaving on what the car comes with, and they are fine.

The LP640 Murcielago, imo, drives most realistically with the softest road tyre (N3 equivalent?), rather than the S1 it comes on (track day hard)

Cars corner quicker and grip more with the better tyres, but for many of the cars that just makes them dull because throttle oversteer isn't an option, and trailing throttle adjustment becomes less sensitive too. Cars are faster, but dull up except at the very limit.

12. I have racing soft on my murcielago (fully tuned to ~875 hp) and I can still nail the throttle halfway through the turn and spin out easily (no driver aids, their for wimps)
  13. I used Racing tires on my Minolta, and I am suprised how much it feels like rF :) Only braking is a little different, and if you make a mistake you can still catch your drift! (No snap spin :))