1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which do you like better?

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder' started by Brendon Pywell, May 15, 2009.

1. Brendon Pywell

Brendon Pywell
    Bob's Track Builder

Which picture do you like best and why?

Attached Files:

2. erm, can't see them piddy, too small and they don't zoom out.
  3. I don't have my glasses with me..
  4. they seem proposals for the icon of a new or improved tool.

The first one gives immediately the idea of what it does (control over cross sections probably), so I go for it
  5. Ahh.. well spotted.
    I think the first is clearer.
  6. ah .. to have young eyes again ...
  7. Brendon Pywell

Brendon Pywell
    Bob's Track Builder

Hold control and scroll your mousewheel up, the images will get bigger.

Hold your breathe and count till next week, things will get clearer.
  8. i like the first one, after scrolling mouse+ctrl for 5 seconds,i need a plaster.:)
  9. The first one definately show more what the option is made for.
  10. Hmmm... the left one is already into BTB interface.
    It means edit track cross-section points.

I'd prefer the second one which ideally would allow edit points of track independent of cross-section, using a brush tool as terrain editor does. It's being indicated by new Piddy's signature.

Too optmistic? : )
  11. first is to be recognized by the red line also as editiebar
  12. I like the first because i cannot see any detail in the second nad would have no idea what the button was for.
  13. I think your right, the left icon is definitely already in BTB as the edit track surface tool. So the right must be for a new tool, asking us which we prefer might imply that both will be available in the future. Not just an improved track surface editor, but a new, alternative one?
    hmmmm, maybe :)
  14. The first one says "click to edit the profile of the road".
    The second one says "road related"

I like the first one if it's use is for opening the profile/materials editing tools.
  15. If they are my only choices, its a no brainer. The first one. The second just looks like a track
  16. The wizard of Arthsea could be a good starting point.

See here [ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Wizard_of_Earthsea[/ame]

Then, with no idea how to deal with his other foe, Sparrowhawk tries to return to the safety of Roke, but the magical, protective Roke-wind drives away the ship on which he is a passenger. He finds what appears to be a safe haven, the domain of one of the Old Powers, but is nearly enslaved by the ancient guardian. He realizes his peril just in time and, taking the form of a falcon, flees yet again.

An icon of a Hawk is what I would use.
  17. The first one is better
  18. Definately the first one it's more descriptive visualy ..............classic wysiwyg
  19. Brendon Pywell

Brendon Pywell
    Bob's Track Builder

I like the second one because it is not an icon, but just a small picture of what will be visible in the next BTB.

Here's a large picture ...

Attached Files:

20. Perhaps just make the red line in the 2nd icon a bit more visible.