1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which 2009 F1 car is the most "beautiful"?

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by Paulo Ribeiro, Feb 17, 2009.

1. FERRARI ( F2009 )

2. TOYOTA ( TF109 )

0 vote(s)
  3. MCLAREN ( MP4/24 )

4. RENAULT ( R29 )

5. WILLIAMS ( FW31 )

6. BMW SAUBER ( F1.09 )

7. RED BULL ( RB5 )

8. TORO ROSSO ( STR4 )

0 vote(s)
  9. FORCE INDIA ( VJM-02 )

Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Paulo Ribeiro

Paulo Ribeiro
    Animals and Racing Lover

Thats right, almost everybody (not me) complains about the 2009 F1 cars look, lets see if one of them stands out of the others here at RaceDepartment.
  2. Paulo Ribeiro

Paulo Ribeiro
    Animals and Racing Lover

Red Bull for me. :dance2:
  3. Knut Omdal Tveito

Knut Omdal Tveito
    Premium Member

I feel the opposite actually. My favourite is the McLaren and if you compare with 08' I would say the new one looks much better. With all the "glued-on" bits and the large fin the old one looks ugly and agricultural.

The new one has more continuity in the body line (especially in top-view). I also enjoy the passage between gearbox and rear wheels. On 08' this area was covered with ugly bolt-on wings.

This is definitely the right way forward, but the front and rear wings spoil it a little. As Tony Southgate commented in Racecar engineering, there is no excuse for building an ugly racecar.

Really look forward to start of 2009 season!
  4. Paulo Ribeiro

Paulo Ribeiro
    Animals and Racing Lover

5. Paulo Ribeiro

Paulo Ribeiro
    Animals and Racing Lover

I really agree, i do like more the 2009 cars. I started this poll beacause i heard so much negative impressions about their look. However i find them more "clean" and enjoyable to look at.
  6. Knut Omdal Tveito

Knut Omdal Tveito
    Premium Member

Yeah. I think it should be more about optimizing the large surfaces than adding small bits to guide the air.

The Red Bull is good looking as well. Love the rear pull-rod setup. Makes for a really low and narrow area around the gearbox. I think it could be one of the fastest if it works well. But the nose ruins it a little for me

Where's the haters?:) Would like to hear from another point of view... I agree that the front and rear wings look bad:highfive: They look alot better on 2008 cars
  7. Omer Said

Omer Said
    Weresloth Staff Premium Member

I don't know why but even i support BMW, i liked Williams's look most. :)
  8. Very hard decision to make and I can't decide on one set team so I will go with 3!
    Mclaren, Red Bull & Renault
  9. not sure which one i like but i know every time i see an overhead of the Mclaren i can not help being reminded of a birds skull it is almost predator like in it's appearance.
  10. Reik Major

Reik Major
    Premium Member

where to see them all plz?
  11. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

80's cars please and with lots of turbo's on the them.. Lets go back to the 1000bhp era
  12. Well, I am a Mclaren fan. But the Red Bull really stands out, so RB5 for now :)
  13. i think shape of the 90´s would be the best :)

Attached Files:

14. I think the Ferrari and Red Bull are probably the best looking of the cars so far.
  15. Here is an image with all cars and Sebastian Buime on the midel [​IMG]
  16. Agreed, would love to see the early 90's shape cars back... especially with the V12's and sparks flying everywhere :D
  17. Renault looks good for me
  18. that pic of the mclaren is not the actual 09 car it was more of a prototype for me the mclaren does look the best but nothing beats 07 mclaren
  19. The toyota does it for me