F1 2011 Where is Vettel, Webber and Hamilton?

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi

I just started a career season with F1 2011 and after 3 races, i still havent seen Vettel or Hamilton in the top 5. Vettel is qualifying in the top 10 but never on pole and the same goes for Hamilton.
Is anyone else experiencing this ?
Thanks

Ha-ha-ha, it seems to me that codies got an inspiration by last season with 5 drivers fighting for the crown:)

Now at Spain, and in previous 4 races results were following:

Melbourne: Pole - Button, Victory - Button (LOL, but it was a rainy race :D)

Sepang: Pole - Webber, Victory - Webber (in a fierce battle with Hamilton, in the beginning Ham broke Vettel's front wing :cool:, so Seb finished only 3rd with fastest car)

Shanghai: Vettel undoubted in all sessions

Istanbul: Pole - Alonso, Victory - Alonso. Only unrealistic result so far :wink:

... and in all races Big-Five - Alonso, Vettel, Webber, Button, Hamilton - fought in front of the race, so it's all ok... except too weak Seb :D:D:D As I said, it's more like 2010 in terms of drivers performances

With me :-

1/ Hamilton
2/ Webber
3/ Button
4/ Alonso
5/ Gnu UK
6/ Vettel

Teams:-

1/ Maclaren
2/ RBR
3/ Ferrari
4/ Force India
5/ Renault
6/ Mercedes

I am in Force India, average finish 7th, average quali 9th, average points per race 9.

i´ve a problem like this either... i´m in Sepang and Karthikeyan, D´Ambrosio and Glock are always top-5, while Alonso, Vettel, Hamilton, Button are below 10th place... I´m using the original database.bin, just mod this to start career with Ferrari, and then returned to the original...

It depends on the race distance and number of pit stops. In some races some of the top drivers have prescheduled more stops, you can see it especially on the 20% distance (like 12-14 laps), where drivers like Hamilton and Webber go to the pits in 3rd lap, than get stucked in the field (because they simply can't build a solid gap in three laps) and when they finally get through the field (like 5th or 4th place) they go to the pits again and end up well down the field again with only 2-3 laps to go. I think some patch to customzise the race distance (I miss the 30% distance from last year) could solve this problem. If you play 50-100% distance you probably don't notice it. For me it sux that there is only 20%, 50% or 100% choice, 50% is too long and boring for me and 20% is stupid because it ruins the reality. (In my case, Vettel won the first season that's ok, but Hamilton and Webber ended even behind Rosberg because of the pits they keep finishing down the field like in 1/3 of all races.)

I just finished my career race in monaco (50% races) and Vettel didnt even make it to Q1!!!!
He got eliminated during Q2.
This should not be happening, especially after all the interviews CM did regarding the how the AI were and all.
I dont understand how fast forwarding the sessions messes up the standing order.

2 races to go in season one and I have Vettel just ahead of Alonso in the standings. Alonso was winning loads but has fallen back recently and only managed 6th in the last race behind Rosberg. Webber has won the last 2 and Vettel is ticking over and looks more likely than Alonso to take the title. Button has been rubbish (not even ahead of Massa!)

It depends on the race distance and number of pit stops. In some races some of the top drivers have prescheduled more stops, you can see it especially on the 20% distance (like 12-14 laps), where drivers like Hamilton and Webber go to the pits in 3rd lap, than get stucked in the field (because they simply can't build a solid gap in three laps) and when they finally get through the field (like 5th or 4th place) they go to the pits again and end up well down the field again with only 2-3 laps to go. I think some patch to customzise the race distance (I miss the 30% distance from last year) could solve this problem. If you play 50-100% distance you probably don't notice it. For me it sux that there is only 20%, 50% or 100% choice, 50% is too long and boring for me and 20% is stupid because it ruins the reality. (In my case, Vettel won the first season that's ok, but Hamilton and Webber ended even behind Rosberg because of the pits they keep finishing down the field like in 1/3 of all races.)

I don´t think that race distance is the problem. I always play 100% distance, and the problem continues. I hope CM launches a patch to fix it soon!!!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back