Where is Hutcho!

Well guys, firstly I must apologise for my absense over the last few weeks & hope this hasn't affected your racing pleasure.

Now let me explain the reason, recently I have taken on a new driving contract which will last around 3 months, end date Febuary. Unknown to me at the time, this has meant me doing anywhere between 9 to 12 hour days. So with being very tired & it always seems to be the longer days that fall on the racing nights, I have declined to enter, even the league races, with the fear of affecting someone else's race due to my triedness. It has also had an impact on setting up the club nights also.

With this in mind I contacted Stuart to inform him of the situation, even putting to him that maybe I should resign my position but he has kindly said that he will step in for me over this period & run the club, thx mate.

I will do my best to attend the club events & league races whenever possible and if time permits I will setup some races with Stuart. Hope to see you all real soon.

Hutcho

Good to hear from you mate:) , and I'm kinda relieved to hear its 'just' work keeping you away and not something like serious health issues or whatever.. I'm not saying work is not serious, as I am very aware that having a job in the first place these days should not be taken for granted, but for now we'll see your absence just as a temporary side-effect of you earning a living.

So make sure you get enough sleeping time; it's less fun but more useful than getting enough racing time ;) .

Off the back of our discussions, Bob & I are going to be paring the add-on content down.

In a strive for variation in events, we've driven a lot of marginal/flawed mod cars and tracks and they haven't always been of the quality that the game delivers by it's default content.

So, we're effectively starting again. Anything that was a little bit dubious, or caused hangs/crashes, or had sudden physics flaws etc will go, and only the fittest of add-on content will remain alongside the default stuff.

We've definitely had a few mods that are on a par (and surpass) the default GTL content. (Such as the Boss 302 mod, the fezza 250GTO & 356GTB4 mods, the Gr. 5 BMW 320i, the BMW 2800, the Mercury Cougar yadda yadda yadda) So it'll be nice to have a chance to try them out more often, and on tracks that have been tried & tested over the years. (St. Jovite & Portimao, which although are pretty nicely done tracks, seem to have some issues that spoil them a bit. Just a couple that spring to mind.)

Hutcho: hopefully we'll see you occasionally before february, but work comes first eh?!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.