F1 2015 Where is career mode? Help needed...

F1 2015 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi friends.

I just have play my first time today in F1 2015 and I'm very sad that there isn't career mode...

What's happening? I'm very frustrated... Racing with my own, I+D... Where are all of these things...?

And if I play a championship or pro mode I can't play full qualifying and a race distance different from 100%... All of this is very, very bad...

Thanks in advance for your answers and help!

Hi

Everything you mentioned can only be fixed by a patch. Career mode is out, you just play a real driver's career, not your own personal career.

Whilst I like the idea of the Pro Mode and a Championship Mode, I think they've screwed it up a bit, and totally missed the way a lot of people play.

If you are going to have a rigid rule system such as Pro Mode, then you must alternatively have a very flexible Mode. The Championship Mode should be much more flexible. If you want to do 25% races, but with tons of practice (to setup your car), and then full qualification (Q1,2,3), then let us do it. It's a stupid restriction and no valid reason for imposing it on us. They are just assuming that if you like short races, then you must like everything else short too, like that horrible one shot qualifying :rolleyes:

Yeah we all know that you could do 100% races, and do a mid-session save two or three times, to keep your racing sessions short and still have full rules. However we all know the history of this game, and game saving has never been it's strongest feature. Anyway the idea of continuing a race from cold after a race save, being thrown straight into the race where you left off, does not appeal to me personally. Ok you could do a little TT session to warm up before you resume, but meh!

So after this min-rant :whistling: ...... The only thing that can be done right now, if you want total control of your sessions, is to do 19 quick races, and create your own Driver/Team leaderboard in a spreadsheet or similar.

Cheers :)

Sorry, I don't know what you mean by 'I&D', or do you mean 'R&D' (Research & Development)?

If you do mean that, then the R&D has been removed, you cannot choose your car's R&D path when you are the number 1 driver in a team.

I think Codemasters idea is that they patch the game throughout the season, and the car's development reflects what is happening in real life F1. But I am not sure that they will really go that far, I certainly doubt it :)

I had a back and forth with the CM's so called Community Manager and tried everything to get him to just answer one simple question: Will CM be reinstating any features/options in F1 2015 and he just continually slithered around the question like a seasoned politician. In my opinion, they totally underestimated the magnitude of their commitment and lost the nerve to re delay release, so they shoved it out the door and hoped for the best.

I hope I have to eat crow here, but I think we will be lucky to get all the bugs fixed on this one.

So after this min-rant :whistling: ...... The only thing that can be done right now, if you want total control of your sessions, is to do 19 quick races, and create your own Driver/Team leaderboard in a spreadsheet or similar.

Cheers :)

You can create a season in quick race mode - there is an option to add races, rather than just playing a single track. I haven't played through it myself but I'm assuming that it would keep score rather than treating each as a separate event or am I giving CM too much credit?

Sorry, I don't know what you mean by 'I&D', or do you mean 'R&D' (Research & Development)?

If you do mean that, then the R&D has been removed, you cannot choose your car's R&D path when you are the number 1 driver in a team.

I think Codemasters idea is that they patch the game throughout the season, and the car's development reflects what is happening in real life F1. But I am not sure that they will really go that far, I certainly doubt it :)

Yes! R+D... I had writen it in spanish... Sorry for my lapse... ;)

So, they have removed a lot of features... It's a shame that theres is no career mode (the game mode I play most...). And of course everything that it means: R+D, press releases, playing with your own, to grow season by season...

They use a new EGO but they remove a lot of features... For me it doesn't compensate...:(

Just checked - it does keep score, no need for spreadsheets!

To add multiple races it's F1 on the keyboard by default on the PC.
I know it's not quite the same as career mode but at least you can play a full season with the settings you want - for me it's one hour practice, full quali and 25% race.

I know it's not quite the same as career mode but at least you can play a full season with the settings you want - for me it's one hour practice, full quali and 25% race.

Good news, at least...

I'm going to try it right now...

One question: it's possible to add Hockenheim to the season, or not? Last years you could create seasons with every circuits in the game... It would be great!!

All good news, it's not as bleak as I thought.

Thanks, as I have limited time to play, there is obviously more options than I realised. :)

Pro Season mode is the most useless "addition" I have ever seen in a sports game.

That mode brought nothing new to the table, and you can achieve the same mode in EVERY game prior to this by restricting yourself. You didn't need a new "mode" for this. Heck, you can basically do the same thing in Championship Season in the same game.

Actively advertising the game with Pro Season mode has to be a joke. I mean, seriously.

I agree with Graham Laing. Why put so many restrictions on Championship mode? That mode should be wide open.

Forget about Champ Mode, it's purpose is the same as the Pro Season: There is none.
You can achive all freedom you need with the Quickrace mode after all, even better.

So, CM could've just got rid of those two modes and get even worse reviews :D

I have scrapped my Championship mode career, and restarted as @Simon McNally suggested above, and just create a season of races via the Quick Race mode, it's far more flexible

This would be great if there was a way to keep track of your standings and the constructors standings in a spreadsheet. I remember someone did it for one of the previous versions but have seen nothing for this version. He made a spreadsheet and it was very detailed and you input your finishing position as well as everyone else' and it automatically put everyone in the correct WDC points order, also the constructors as well. 100% is just too long for me to do even with being able to save, I have 3 kids a wife and a job. But I want the damn full qual and 60 minute at least of practice!!!

This would be great if there was a way to keep track of your standings and the constructors standings in a spreadsheet. I remember someone did it for one of the previous versions but have seen nothing for this version. He made a spreadsheet and it was very detailed and you input your finishing position as well as everyone else' and it automatically put everyone in the correct WDC points order, also the constructors as well. 100% is just too long for me to do even with being able to save, I have 3 kids a wife and a job. But I want the damn full qual and 60 minute at least of practice!!!

The game keeps track of it.

Certainly there's a drivers table, I think the constructors is displayed at the end of the race, but I'm at the beginning of the next race, and can only see the driver's table.

Usually I am capturing video in a replay at the end of a race, so can't remember exactly what screens are presented to you, but I swear that the constructors is there, but not sure.

Here is my current standings, I created a season of 15 races, missing out the 4 tracks I had previously done in my career races. I started in Spain, and added them to the season in the correct order, but you can do whatever you like

d-table.jpg

So, you can use Quick Race mode to create a season of full practice, full quali and 25% distance. And you would do this because the Championship mode or the other Pro mode won't let you select the practice/quali/race specs, right?

If that is the case then can you still only have one quick race saved game?
For someone who might want to have a season going (like described above) and also be part of a league it might not work. In the past i have run a career mode and been part of a league but the races are not always in sync. Meaning, in my league we might be on Silverstone circuit and in my Career (season) i might still be in Spain. In order to practice for Silverstone you would have to do it in TT or delete your Quick Race season, right?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back