Where are the tyre lockup sounds hiding?

Redvaliant

AMS2 Club Staff
Staff
Premium
RF2 is my main sim, has been for years, but I've just noticed recently that there are no audible clues as to tyre lockups. Been driving AMS2 and AC a lot and they both represent the tyre squeal at lock up really well. Jumping back to rF2 and I can't hear a thing til it's too late. Tried upping the tyre noise setting in audio but it doesn't really help. is there another file somewhere to adjust this?

RF2 is my main sim, has been for years, but I've just noticed recently that there are no audible clues as to tyre lockups. Been driving AMS2 and AC a lot and they both represent the tyre squeal at lock up really well. Jumping back to rF2 and I can't hear a thing til it's too late. Tried upping the tyre noise setting in audio but it doesn't really help. is there another file somewhere to adjust this?
This is a bit of a prob, tyre sounds are not very dynamic in this sim, they really could do with getting some decent sound guys in, trying to tell lock up by your ears alone in a real car is pretty obvious, not in RF2 though. AC does it very nicely in the audio dep

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.