Wheelstand Pro Review

Tim Ling

It's a million-to-1 chance, but it just might work
I have just bought myself one of these. I have to say I was impressed by the communication from the company about when the stand would be delivered. Prices vary depending on what wheel you want to fit to it. The G27 stand is €132 with shipment.
N-G25-1.jpg

The stand came in a reasonably sized box-just big enough to hold the stand when fully flattened. The only assembly required is attaching the extension for the gear changer, which can fit on either side.
The instructions are printed on a plasticised sheet, and are simple and clear. All the screws, bolts, hex keys and spanners are included, as well as 2 zip ties for the cables. TBH, this is my only gripe, 2 zip ties just isn't enough :frown: ; putting 5 in would have sorted it.

The important stuff now.

The build quality is excellent; large diameter tubing with a powder finish. The large rubber feet mean no slippage on my wooden laminate floor. The position adjustment is done using 2 friction clips, and they are both very solid.
N-G27.jpg

The stand is VERY stable under everything I've thrown at it. Whether I'm at my pc or sitting on the sofa playing GT5 or Ridge Racer 7 :p there is almost no shaking at all in any direction. Now while I don't use heel n toe, the bar supporting the wheel sits far enough up between your knees that it shouldn't be a problem.
basicunfolded.jpg

The pedals sit on 4 rubber rings, and the bar at the end of the lower section moves in to give the pedals something to push against. For the G25/G27 the pedals can be locked into place using a bar supplied with the wheel. Even without locking the pedals in place, they are incredibly secure.

And when you've finished with the wheel, you can fold it down:
N-G27-2.jpg

If you haven't got the room for a full cockpit, and/or you want to use your wheel with your PS3/XBox 360, this is a great stand, glad I bought it 9.5/10! :star:

And finally here's a video of the stand in action. (N.B. This isn't me, he's far to skinny!)
DRIVING LIKE A MADMAN!

Nice review Tim :D
I have one of these myself for my G27, its ideal as I dont have the space for having a permanent setup.

If I can just add also, you can fold the stand virtually flat, if you rotate the wheel the opposite way to that shown in your 4th pic, so the wheel is not resting on the pedals, it sits round the back (If that makes sense). You can then stash it away in a cupboard somewhere in an upright postion.

Upvote 0
Martin, the pedals sit on 4 rubber rings around the legs, and you adjust the bar at the end of the legs to sit against the back of the pedals...the pedals don't go anywhere!

Also, I emailed Wheelstand Pro to say thanks for a great product and to suggest they added more wire ties. I got a reply saying they would improve that. Great service IMO :wink:

Upvote 0
Great review, I own one of these and fully recommend them also:cool:. A very sturdy setup indeed, awesome if you race on the couch.

The only the thing I can knock them for is that they don't have a model for the Fanatec wheel/pedals. However, the logitech stand can be modded fairly easy to work with them.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back