wheel problem

Hi, I have a problem and don't know how to fix it.
I recently installed GTR2 again but can't change FFB gain. No matter if I set FFB strenght to 1 or 100 the wheel heavines is the same. All g-motor games are affected (GTR2, Race07, GTL, AMS1) . The wheel is TS-PC racer. Drivers and firmware are up to date. All other games work fine.
Does anyone have the same problem or a solution?

Be sure to click Wheel under Options > Force > Base Effects and not one of the other options

After that it might just the poor original ffb parameters in UserData\User\User.PLR so try SHO FFB:

Wheel is selected and I've been using your settings for years now, they are great, thank you for making them.
That's not the problem though. The problem is in wheel strenght or gain. No matter what i set strenght or gain in game it stays the same. Only solution is to lower gain in the wheel software but that's pain in the butt cause thrustmaster software doesn't have per game settings so i have to change it every time i want to play different game. Only g-motor engine games are affected, so GTR2, RACE 07, AMS1, GTL. All other newer games are working fine. I'm wondering if anyone else with TM wheel has the same problem

I think your problem is the same kind of the one I had 1 year ago with my TS-XW or even the T300RS before also.
With 900° or 1080° rotation, most newer sims can adapt it automatically for any car ingame.
GTR2 etc ... not. ... such rotations were not as usual as they are nowadays.
Each time I'm driving GTR2 I'm limiting the rotation of the wheel to 540° only.
And this could even be less but I prefer to keep it that way.
Not allowing changes by the game can also improve the problem.

Last edited:
I use 360°-540° for older Simbin games. I have ffb in those games and it is very good thanks to Shovas and his files. Problem is ffb is too strong for my taste and i can't lower it. In game ffb strenght slider does nothing, that's the issue. And it does affect AMS1 also which does have automatic rotation.
Can you by any chance try if you can lower ffb in GTR2 if you still use TS-XW?

The slider in GTR2 seems to be working .... reversed.

FFB Steering Force slider works this way for me:
Less % makes forces stronger and more % makes forces lower .... I use it regularly as mods don't have the same level of forces. ( this kind of problem also happens with AC as often in case of mods )

Thank you for trying to help, but you must have modded game cause I don't have FFB steering force slider in vanilla game, only FFB strength slider, and it doesn't do anything. If I set it at 1 or 100 wheel strength is the same. Can you please try changing FFB strength slider on your system and see if it does anything, if it's not too much to ask.

Check your .plr file for:

FFB Gain="0.26000" // Strength of Force Feedback effects. Range 0.0 to 1.0
I did, it changes in .plr file when I change it in game but it does nothing. Only when I put it at 0.0 it disables FFB completely. If I put it at anything between 0.1 to 1.0 it is at full force.

Generically, if using Vista or later do not install to any "Program Files" folder. Run all exe files as admin, may need XP or Win7 compatibility mode, make sure your account has full permission to the install folder. This also applies to any software associated with the controller.

If you have any other controllers (joystick, gamepad, etc.) unplug them for now.

Try a different USB socket.

Ultimately, this is MS procedure to clear controller issues:
- unplug the device
- restart windows
- remove any software, including drivers, associated with it
- restart windows
- check in "Device Manager" and "Programs and Features" that no references to the device remain
- plug in the device; if windows asks for drivers let it install generic ones (if applicable); if it doesn't ask, proceed; if there are no generic drivers use the device specific ones
- restart windows, check that the device is recognized in the game controller window
- if device software is necessary, install it now and restart windows; otherwise check if the game now recognizes the device and all functions

(All this restarting at each step is to make sure registry entries are erased and written properly.)

Also, don't forget to run the config to set graphics and DX options (I often forget this since Simbin titles are the only ones using it).

With all these fixes and others, what worked for my T300 was to press alt-f multiple times while driving. For some unknown to me reason, began working superbly!

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back