What's the closest thing to a Miata?

Weird question, I know. But here's the situation:

End of May, I will be competing at Ring Knutstorp in a Mazda MX-5 (Miata). When I saw that Raceroom had released Knutstorp as a track, I went ahead, installed the game and bought the track.

Now I'm looking for a low power/medium grip car that would be the closest possible approximation to a Miata. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Holger

NSU TT I think is the only car that comes close to that, slightly less than medium grip though.
You can get an Mazda MX5 mod for Race 07 (Race Injection version comes with the STCC pack including the track) graphics not a up to date but not bad and the track hasn't changed.

Weird question, I know. But here's the situation:

End of May, I will be competing at Ring Knutstorp in a Mazda MX-5 (Miata). When I saw that Raceroom had released Knutstorp as a track, I went ahead, installed the game and bought the track.

Now I'm looking for a low power/medium grip car that would be the closest possible approximation to a Miata. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Holger
What Miata you will drive exactly? Which year/generation and specially set up with new suspension or anything? The cup build or an old street one?

Dependent to this info, quite similar cars imho would be:
- NSU TT as mentioned. It might be too high/old/rusty compared to a modern mx-5.

- BMW 235i racing (in AC the mx-5 cup and this one are quite similar in handling, not in max speed though!)

- formula junior ; yes, sounds weird but it is lightweight, not too much power and you can really learn the basics well with it!

- KTM x-bow although this one is way more aggressive than the mx-5!

Hi

Thanks for the suggestions!

My race car is a 1992 NA-model with modified suspension, limited-slip diff and 7x15 wheels with slicks. Due to class regulations it weighs in at 950 kg. and has 160 bhp. My guess is that the best real life equivalent would be an early 90’s spec Miata on slicks.

I got Race 07 and the Mazda MX-5 cup mod, but I’m not happy with the track model. So I also have Rfactor 2 and a Spec Miata-mod, but while the tracks is vastly better, the car model seems off. I also can’t really get to grips with the feeling of detachment I get with RF2.

I will probably skip on the NSU TT, since the suspension might be too ancient. But I’ll definitely be trying out the BMW 235i and the Formula Junior. Thanks again! Appreciate it.

Cheers,

Holger

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back