1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's the cause of the unexpected grid place drops in races?

Discussion in 'F1 2011 - The Game' started by Christopher Woods, Dec 5, 2011.

1. I just raced Monaco (again) and although I qualified P4 I was dumped to 24th place -- behind Karthikeyan -- when the race began. Ended up clawing my way back to P6 which I was happy with (and I can drive well around Monaco), but it's still REALLY annoying.

What's the cause for this? It's happened several times to me now, now I think about it it always seems to happen on Monaco. (racing Lotus, season 1).

2. 100% sure you didn't receive grid place penalties?

3. Absolutely. Clean through FP1, 2, 3, Q1, 2 and 3. (plus one penalty would be ten places, I got a twenty place drop!)

4. I too have experience unexpected grid drop and I don't know how in the world did I get from p6 in the qualifying to p16 in the race. Can someone explain this bug

5. Yeah, well... It's not like that doesn't happen :D

Attached Files:

6. ;D But I swear officer, I was driving cleanly! (I restart the entire race weekend if I incur a single penalty, as punishment to me for being naughty -- as I race Full Race Weekends this means one round can take hours...)

7. Guess why I'm also only at the Monaco GP on my first carreer season :p
    And about the penalty - no idea... I guess, the game was in a peculiar mood at that time...