1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

What's the cause of the unexpected grid place drops in races?

Discussion in 'F1 2011 - The Game' started by Christopher Woods, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Christopher Woods

Christopher Woods

Ratings:
    +17
    I just raced Monaco (again) and although I qualified P4 I was dumped to 24th place -- behind Karthikeyan -- when the race began. Ended up clawing my way back to P6 which I was happy with (and I can drive well around Monaco), but it's still REALLY annoying.

What's the cause for this? It's happened several times to me now, now I think about it it always seems to happen on Monaco. (racing Lotus, season 1).

2. Jebstone

Jebstone

Ratings:
    +0
    100% sure you didn't receive grid place penalties?

3. Christopher Woods

Christopher Woods

Ratings:
    +17
    Absolutely. Clean through FP1, 2, 3, Q1, 2 and 3. (plus one penalty would be ten places, I got a twenty place drop!)

4. KPsuzKP

KPsuzKP

Ratings:
    +0
    I too have experience unexpected grid drop and I don't know how in the world did I get from p6 in the qualifying to p16 in the race. Can someone explain this bug

5. ENDR

ENDR

Ratings:
    +672
    Yeah, well... It's not like that doesn't happen :D

Attached Files:

6. Christopher Woods

Christopher Woods

Ratings:
    +17
    ;D But I swear officer, I was driving cleanly! (I restart the entire race weekend if I incur a single penalty, as punishment to me for being naughty -- as I race Full Race Weekends this means one round can take hours...)

7. ENDR

ENDR

Ratings:
    +672
    Guess why I'm also only at the Monaco GP on my first carreer season :p
    And about the penalty - no idea... I guess, the game was in a peculiar mood at that time...