what you think about this huge news about lewis ?

Motorsport fans in general and formula 1 fans specially shocked when the rumors is lewis hamilton 7 time world championship will join ferrari in 2025 everyone now suprised and before 2024 season start, could ferrari do the same way as they did with vettel in 2020 ?? and if hamilton joined ferrari do you think can lewis win 8 world championship with red ferrari

If..... Ferrari makes the right fast car, Lewis will still have to compete against Charles Leclerc. Charles is Mr Qualifying. And after Verstappen (at least in my eyes), is Leclerc the biggest talent in F1, so not a pancake to catch

Last edited:
I really wanted he and George to be the drivers at the head of any Mercedes resurgence.
Mike Elliot's two cars clearly did not work for either driver.
Had it worked, it would have been a brilliant concept.
With James back at the helm, maybe 2024' car can be the start of the rebuilding process.
Either way, I can see why Lewis went looking for a new challenge.
When you have won just about everything...in every category...and all of a sudden you're winless in two seasons, it is time to look seriously at why that is.
If the move works out, it'll be just like the McLaren move where everybody thought he was crazy.
If it doesn't, he'll walk away extremely wealthy.
Let us hope Ferrari can employ a good, competent strategist and build a decent car in 2025.

Last edited:
Fun to see drivers change teams however it won't mean much if Max continues to win most races.
you sound desperate.. Verstappen will not win everything. The 2025 season is still a long way away. Can be in F1 things change quickly within a year. Since everyone is copying the RB more and more..

In 2026 RB will be driving Ford engines, which I'm not so sure about yet. or said to have the strongest power source. I don't think so myself. And McLaren will also keep getting better. I am rather curious about what Lewis will do next to Leclerc, because Charles is not going to become a second driver

If..... Ferrari makes the right fast car, Lewis will still have to compete against Charles Leclerc. Charles is Mr Qualifying. And after Verstappen (at least in my eyes), is Leclerc the biggest talent in F1, so not a pancake to catch
Lewis is the better driver as he dose not crash the car into the wall very much. As a driver you look for the limit and Charles goes over it and that is where you loose control. Both want a tittle and team will have to make shore drivers respect each other. Team mates in the past did not. Lewiss and Rosberg had a contract that said they had to respect each other on the track. Lewis has had some of the toughest team mates. Other drivers would not let to much talent join them on the team.

I remember when Ferrari hired Schumacher. They'd had a couple of less than auspicious seasons and didn't know if the problem was the cars or the drivers, but figured if Schumacher was driving and they still weren't winning, it was the car.

Lewis is the better driver as he dose not crash the car into the wall very much. As a driver you look for the limit and Charles goes over it and that is where you loose control. Both want a tittle and team will have to make shore drivers respect each other. Team mates in the past did not. Lewiss and Rosberg had a contract that said they had to respect each other on the track. Lewis has had some of the toughest team mates. Other drivers would not let to much talent join them on the team.
Hamilton prefers to drive his competitors off the track :roflmao:

but seriously. He will have a lot of trouble with Leclerc's speed. Hamilton is only getting older. Not faster

Hamilton prefers to drive his competitors off the track :roflmao:

but seriously. He will have a lot of trouble with Leclerc's speed. Hamilton is only getting older. Not faster
If you don't think George Russel is extremely quick....then you are not paying enough attention.
If you were to put George and Max in the same car, it'd surprise you how quick he is as a driver. I suspect it'd surprise most people....and yet, Lewis can battle with him.
What does that tell you?
Though I don't expect that Lewis and Charles to be Lewis and Valtteri in terms of a speed matchup, I wouldn't go discounting his lack of capability just yet.
You might want to reserver that sentiment until 2025.

The car was good last year the problems where that drivers need to find the limit of car and if you go over it you crash. So they need to dial it back a little. And the team is under Fredrick Vassur there to help manage them and strategy which was a little off. They should of beat Mercedes in constructors. As for Lewis he may win a odd race at Mercedes or Ferrari but i don't think he will be champion again. He has a lot going on outside F1 and i think that is taking his focus away. If i where him i would be retired from F1 and doing other stuff. With all athletes you achieve so much and hit a wall and cant go beyond it.

If you don't think George Russel is extremely quick....then you are not paying enough attention.
If you were to put George and Max in the same car, it'd surprise you how quick he is as a driver. I suspect it'd surprise most people....and yet, Lewis can battle with him.
What does that tell you?
Though I don't expect that Lewis and Charles to be Lewis and Valtteri in terms of a speed matchup, I wouldn't go discounting his lack of capability just yet.
You might want to reserver that sentiment until 2025.
Lewis is brave as he dose not care who is in the other car. But 2 drivers wanting a tittle is going to need good management and that means making shore they don't pull each other of the track like equal teammates will. You can only have one Alpha dog per team.

I really wanted he and George to be the drivers at the head of any Mercedes resurgence.
Mike Elliot's two cars clearly did not work for either driver.
Had it worked, it would have been a brilliant concept.
With James back at the helm, maybe 2024' car can be the start of the rebuilding process.
Either way, I can see why Lewis went looking for a new challenge.
When you have won just about everything...in every category...and all of a sudden you're winless in two seasons, it is time to look seriously at why that is.
If the move works out, it'll be just like the McLaren move where everybody thought he was crazy.
If it doesn't, he'll walk away extremely wealthy.
Let us hope Ferrari can employ a good, competent strategist and build a decent car in 2025.
everyone has their opinion. But I still think that for years I have been calling Verstappen and Leclerc the greatest young talents and perhaps Piastri? For me, Norris and Russel are behind that, sorry

The car was good last year the problems where that drivers need to find the limit of car and if you go over it you crash. So they need to dial it back a little. And the team is under Fredrick Vassur there to help manage them and strategy which was a little off. They should of beat Mercedes in constructors. As for Lewis he may win a odd race at Mercedes or Ferrari but i don't think he will be champion again. He has a lot going on outside F1 and i think that is taking his focus away. If i where him i would be retired from F1 and doing other stuff. With all athletes you achieve so much and hit a wall and cant go beyond it.
Everything will depend on how good the Ferrari design is in 2025, you can't say anything about it yet

I read about Alain Prost and it was said he won races in slowest time. So peed has to be in relation to track and grip levels available. If it was just about speed it would be a drag strip not a race track.
I remember Prost was reported as saying that he wants to win in the slowest time.
At the end of the race it's a win whether it's by 5 secs or 55 secs.
Clearly the reliability of the cars has to be taken into account too.
Pushing at 110% and taking unneeded risks might show a driver to be "less disciplined?"

Unfortunately with the car playing such a huge part in a driver's success we can't really tell how anyone compares to any other driver than their teammate.
With the greatest respect to Sergio Perez until he got in first a "Pink Mercedes" and then a Red Bull he wasn't a driver to set the F1 world alight.

What is perhaps of more concern is that last time a driver of a car other than an MB or RB won the WDC was 2009 when Jenson Button won in a Brawn ( or 2008 LH in a McLaren if you have Brawn as Mercedes ).

However what REALLY "annoys" me is that you'll have some people will claim that Driver A's sucess is due to having the better car or team orders prevent their teammate from challenging them, but Driver B's success is because they are the better driver.

We need to have a proper IROC one make series.
Back in 1979-80 we had the short-lived BMW M1 ProCar series; a revival of something like that would be good.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back