1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

What next-gen system(s) will you buy?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Mohameddo-san, May 22, 2013.

1. Wii U

2 vote(s)
    8.0%
  2. PlayStation 4

6 vote(s)
    24.0%
  3. Xbox One

2 vote(s)
    8.0%
  4. PS4 and Xbox One

2 vote(s)
    8.0%
  5. PS4 and Wii U

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Xbox One and Wii U

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. All three

1 vote(s)
    4.0%
  8. None of them

12 vote(s)
    48.0%
  1. Mohameddo-san

Mohameddo-san
    F1 Sim Racer & #1 St. Bernard Lover on RD Premium Member

I don't think I will buy any of them. PC will always be ahead of the game.

2. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

in the same boat now, I have a Xbox that I don't use and I cant see myself spending again..

3. Justin Swan

Justin Swan
    RD-DVLC

No doubt I'll succumb and eventually and end up with either or but I won't be rushing into anything and PC will always come 1st for me. I'd rather spend £400 on beefing up my gaming PC. But I answered both.

4. Calum McLure

Calum McLure
    Did ye, aye? Premium Member

Just got a PC this year and started transferring my Xbox and PS games onto that (the non-exclusives at least) so I'll probably not bother with either of them, might pick them up at some stage once they have been out for a couple of years and the price has dropped. Will miss some of the exclusives but you can't have everything :rolleyes:

5. You seem to be missing some, the Steam Console etc.

I would only really consider a PS4\XB1\Steam if they allowed proper controller support, i.e. FULL Keyboard and Mouse both in-game and in the interface, I don't have the patience to enter my name using a bloody gamepad let alone chat with someone using one. FPS games (and others) are garbage without "Proper" control support and that means Keyboard and Mouse :rolleyes:

6. Omer Said

Omer Said
    Weresloth Staff Premium Member

I plan to stick with PC.

7. Good luck with that Omer, I don't personally think the PC is going to be around for much longer as a gaming platform. The Console has been the Primary development platform for the last few years with the vast majority of PC games just being Console ports.

8. Mohameddo-san

Mohameddo-san

You know, why would anyone want to buy an Xbox One?

It blocks used games and requires you to be online 24 hours a week,

It's gonna flop.

• Like Like x 1
  9. It's not the only system that blocks used games, many used PC games can't be used online, but that is down to DRM in the game isn't it?

I haven't really read up on the XB1 yet, what it this about "having to be online 24 hours a week"?

10. Mohameddo-san

Mohameddo-san

11. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Staff

It's the Kinect thing that baffles me. Having something in my bedroom, watching every move? Uhm...no. :p

• Like Like x 1
  12. If i´m buying a console it will be the PS4 and not the XboxOne since it seems to actually be built for gamers and it probably won´t look like a 30 year old VHS player.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. Mohameddo-san

Mohameddo-san

MS is the big brother of gaming.

14. Dino Paolini

Dino Paolini
    Premium Member

I'll definatly get a Wii U at some point, as I still love my Wii and I'm still catching up with some great titles that I've missed in the past when I wasn't playing as much with it.

All my sim-racing will stay at PC though.

15. Gaz

Gaz
    Xbox: Crazy Gazza Premium Member

It be an Xbox One for me, when I have the money most likely sometime next year.

I won't be buying a PS4, I have had PS1, PS2 and PS3 and each and every time I sold them due to the controller. I like the Xbox 360 layout of the sticks and D pad.

16. mystaaRS

mystaaRS
    If you get a Quali Place, you can get a Race Pace

I don't see the hype about Xbox One, people only will buy it because it is an Xbox?

What other features will they copy from Nintendo I wonder?

17. Mohameddo-san

Mohameddo-san

18. mystaaRS

mystaaRS
    If you get a Quali Place, you can get a Race Pace

19. Mohameddo-san

Mohameddo-san

Ah ha ha ha! :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: At E3, Microsoft priced the Xbox One at US$500. If PS4 is priced at $400+, it's game over for the console makers.

MS is shooting themselves in the foot and Sony and Nintendo may follow suit.

PC FTW!