• Racing is not a matter of life and death. It's much more important than that!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. There's no such thing as a stupid question.

what material is on a wall?

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder' started by jofan, Apr 23, 2009.

1. jofan

jofan

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,

Does anyone know if there is a way of finding out what material has been applied to a previous wall section?

If I click on a a panel in the materials tab, it does not appear to show what material was applied (at least as far as i am aware)??

The project I am working on at present has loads of textures and it is a pain to remember what is applied to where (especially walls created a while ago!)

J

2. chub_pearson

chub_pearson

Ratings:
    +2
    It used to show the material when you clicked on a panel in 0.4.2.3, but it didn't any more from 5.0.0 onwards. I agree it can be very confusing.

Maybe it's been re-instated in 0.0.7 . . . ?

3. banger

banger

Ratings:
    +32
    export to rfactor track,then open rfactor project(*.scn) in 3dsimed and take a look at the wall inquestion( if you not changed it yet.) ,*note* if you use a background jpg in btb , don't save again in 3dsimed, or the background diasappear(turn pink).problem with simed.

4. Brendon Pywell

Brendon Pywell
    Bob's Track Builder

Ratings:
    +156
    It's something I've been meaning to fix. ;)

5. jofan

jofan

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks guys, look forward to having this operational again!

Even better would be to have an 'attribute picker' that would pick up all material settings (scale, offset) etc from a panel and then be able to be copied to a new panel once clicked on...

J