PC1 What is the pit system like?

Ultimately, this game looks insane. But does anything let it down? One of the biggest aspects for me is the pit lane and I'm a little worried because i've virtually seen nothing of this in project cars?

Pit controll is handled by the game :( for now I beleave , we have tested having full controll and it was great but there is still a lot of work to be done in this area and bugs to sort out , but from memory this will be added at a later stage with an update :) now that's good news :)

Well that's a shame for a game which is a month before release! :(

To be honest, it's not as bad as it sounds. At first I was a little annoyed about it, but in gameplay it's not a huge deal. It gives you a chance to set your pit strategy and relax before hitting back on the track. It will be nice to eventually have fully manual pitstops but it's really not as big of a deal as it seems.

This is one area I hope they drastically improve with patches after the game is released. It is absolutely bizarre to have a stupid Codemaster style automatic pit-in and pit-out. I HATE IT. It's one of my top "I HATE IT" problems of the game. It was sooooo much better when we could drive into the pits and out of the pits manually. It's a 100% immersion killer as it is now.

Luckily there's a really good chance they will remove this or at least make it an option to drive manually to the pits. As far as I know it has something to do with their animated pit crews thing that causes problems. I'd rather have the pit crew be "ghosts" or completely removed if it means I can drive myself into the pits. We'll see how it evolves but as it stands now.. I HATE IT.

Auto pit in/out was done so they could focus on the pit crew animations without having to worry about the player hitting the box correctly to trigger the pit crew animations. Once the animations are all sorted the manual pit in/out option code can be turned back on. Triggers and timing are crucial to get the animations to run correctly.

Andy_J

I hate Race cheats ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Auto pit is useful for MP in my opinion. I always prefer preset pit options to save me bothering about selecting tyres or fuel (like AC). How many drivers in F1 come in and then have to pick tyres or fuel qty? Nah auto pit is in fact more realistic. The friver sits back and lets the team do the job. I think I can put up with the computer taking my car in and out of the pits.

thank you all for your inputs. I guess we'll just have to see how this works out. I recently purchased asseto corsa as a subsistute until this game is released but I find it difficult seeing undetailed models when you're in pits and stuff, it just nags me. hope this game is a lot better!

I'm sure a lot of people like the auto system for pitting ,because pit stops will always be faultless , but if you have done a lot of league were you have to control your own pit / speed ,hitting pit limiter at the last minute , making sure that you stop in the correct position , having to select the correct tyre compound not speeding out of the pit so you don't get a penalty --- this is what can win or loose the race sometimes and can just make the game that little bit more exciting .

Also in projects cars you can save many different setups for pit stop , so on the fly you can select your wet setup as you enter the pits or what ever setup you think will suit the changing conditions .

IMO having auto pit is pointless .

Andy_J

I hate Race cheats ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I'm sure a lot of people like the auto system for pitting ,because pit stops will always be faultless , but if you have done a lot of league were you have to control your own pit / speed ,hitting pit limiter at the last minute , making sure that you stop in the correct position , having to select the correct tyre compound not speeding out of the pit so you don't get a penalty --- this is what can win or loose the race sometimes and can just make the game that little bit more exciting .

Also in projects cars you can save many different setups for pit stop , so on the fly you can select your wet setup as you enter the pits or what ever setup you think will suit the changing conditions .

IMO having auto pit is pointless .
I think having full manual detailed pit stops in an arcade game is also pointless. P cars will hardly be the sim of choice in my opinion. OK for offline single player I suppose.

Let's turn this into something productive. Do you think pcars will be delayed again or can you safely say, it is now ready? I don't think I could handle another delay!

I honestly don't know. It's playable now as I play it most days. :) However, there is some polish that it's missing but to be honest, they could polish it for 3 more years if they wanted. It will be released soon and they will continue to enhance and support it for some time. The current plan was for patches and DLC for two years before they focus on the next generation of Project CARS. I don't think anything is all set in stone as sales numbers will drive the choices after release.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 86 19.5%
  • €151-500

Votes: 121 27.4%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 72 16.3%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 38 8.6%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 43 9.7%
  • €3001-5000