1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

What improvements will be made in rFactor 2?

Discussion in 'rFactor 2' started by Kristopher Alcordo, Jul 29, 2010.

1. I'm kinda curious if the transition from rf1 to rf2 would be helpful to the community of simracing. I mean, the simracing community will most definitely be split in half because of the two version of rfactor, not to mention all the other simracing games out there.

Is there a site with information about rf2? Or some sneak peaks of some sort..

2. First thing that springs to mind is weather... there is definitely rain as standard and maybe changeable/active like in the simbin sims.

3. ghost car for better training

4. Weather will be dynamic - as will a drying racing line - reacting to players lines rather than a set line where it dries.

5. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Wasn't wind on the list of features together with dynamic track objects?

6. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson
    Technical Administrator Staff Premium Member

oh wind would be epic. If it's in there and affects cars aero I'd be very impressed.

7. It's in there also :good:

8. Bram

Bram

Yes thats a feature they have announced in the early stages of the development. But so far i haven't seen it in action. @ISI: if you are reading, we would love to see it in action :)

9. James Johnson

James Johnson
    The Weatherman

Mmm imagine a crosswind on a straight! ohh the fun. :)

10. Bram

Bram

Or a cloud causing a big shadow on the track, resulting the track temperature to go down?

11. Yeah, clouds should affect the track temp wich is really important. I guess we all are waiting to rF2... and my question is, what the other devolopers are doing in resopect to rF2?

As an example STC is running GTR Evo, but if rF2 comes with all that superb features we will sweep to it fast... will there be other options in that standars rF2 is supposed to be? GTR3 maybe?

What do you think guys?