1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What happened to netBike?

Discussion in 'netKar PRO' started by Bram, Oct 17, 2010.

1. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

While watching Kunos' Youtube channel I saw some old footage of netBike again which got me excited. Does anybody know what happened to that project?

2. CAR

The reason repeatedly given for development being ceased is a lack of suitable controllers, but playing the demo with a 360 pad’s good enough. In saying that it has also been described as an experiment, and a lot of the community weren’t particularly enthusiastic about netBike. It’s a shame because even the demo (an earlier build than that in the video) feels better than any of the current motorbike games :)
  3. Bjorn de Haas

Bjorn de Haas
    Premium Member

dunno was this a serious project?
  4. CAR

It was part-time.
  5. Best Bike simulation ever!
  6. I still got it here, thanks for reminding me really need to try and get up the trento bondone mountain or do a lap around the nordschleife. :D

Used to play it with my wheel set to 90°, it actually worked better then I expected.

edit: meh, it just crashed on every addon track I try, I'm pretty sure I managed to make it work the last time I've tried it, anybody got a clue?
  7. Xosé Estrada

Xosé Estrada
    Premium Member

I think this was more like a DEMO of the engine than an actual project ;)