What File Type for Car Mods

FJBH10

Premium
Hello all,

I've recently been messing around with CAD and I'm making a model of a Blitzen Benz style thing. Whilst making it I was thinking about how cool it would be to have it in AC so what about if I were to make the model and upload it here in the correct AC model file type could someone take it and try to make a proper mod out of it?

benz.png

Here is a WIP render, the interior, suspension and rear bodywork isn't done yet.

FJBH10

Whilst you could put that type of car in AC for a bit of fun, AC does not properly support solid front axles that a car of that style would have IRL.

Regarding file type, you will want to export as an FBX for KsEditor to load it, its a reasonably complicated process if you've never done it before, I recommend reading the car making pipeline (found in the AC install folder under 'Dev' i think), as well as this guide which shows the more basic steps:

https://assettocorsamods.net/threads/your-first-car-in-assetto-corsa-basic-guide.1019/

In a sense sure, you can replace the kn5, but you'd need every object name in it to match for it to 'just work' otherwise it'll throw a bunch of errors of missing gauges and stuff.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.