• You don't get fast in order to take part in club races, you take part in club races to get fast!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

What engine is Assetto Corsa using?

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Terry Evers, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Terry Evers

Terry Evers

Ratings:
    +159
    I only came across this title recently .. mainly cause of activity here at RD.

But can anyone tell me what engine this game is using ? Visuals remind me somewhat of the one shift/pcars uses and i really hope it isnt based of the same one. (Collision detection was horrible)
    So is this Kunos own or what ?

2. Requiem84

Requiem84

Ratings:
    +229
    Yes, in house build DX11 engine. Pretty exciting, if you consider that they now have the possibility of enhancing the engine further and further in the future. It seems to be a decent platform.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hannes-Joshua Thor Barthel

Hannes-Joshua Thor Barthel

Ratings:
    +98
    it's Kunos own engine

4. Damien Wintz

Damien Wintz

Ratings:
    +146
    Terry Evers if you haven't already, you should probably check out this conference on AC given by Kunos himself during a GGJ event in Roma University
    He talks briefly on the engines that were considered and how it evolved.

And don't forget to turn captions on ;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Terry Evers

Terry Evers

Ratings:
    +159
    "He says he was on the phone, To me it looked like he was eating a sandwich. But anyway .."

Thanks for the link good stuff :)