What driving performance do you require for a car?

The thing about acceleration is that it loses its thrill after a while. Of course the first time you are in a really powerful or fast car, the acceleration is impressive and seems like the most insane thing in the world, but after you do a few launches and use that speed regularly for a while it doesn't seem as impressive as it originally did. Once you find the most possible traction that's that.

Cornering on the other hand, is different every time. Even if you are doing the same corner in the same conditions with no other cars around to mix things up, there are many variables and different ways to take the corner. Even if you are solely focused on lap times, you can always try to improve and take the corner in a more efficient way. At the end of the day, acceleration is about what the CAR can do; cornering is about what the DRIVER can do.

I didn't vote as both are required in my opinion. I've owned cars that only excelled at one trait but wasn't satisfied until I found cars with a good balance - handling & acceleration. With that said, everyone will have a different opinion of what's enough. And if building a race car, you build to a class. A class leading car will have an excellent balance.

Y'all need a bit more information as to what kind of car and for what event. Ohter than that, it's gotta be built for cornering, because nothing is more exciting when it comes to finally getting a corner right and your laptime shows for it.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back