What dictates AI strength in RF2?

The title is the question. I'm running 3 open wheel cars, USF2000, FormulaTwo2012 and FormulaRenault3.5...

I'd cancel out the FR3.5 as it's so hard to drive and beyond my talents. So in the Formula 2 and USF2000, I can beat the AI at tracks like Monza, Canada and Silverstone. But I am 2 to 4 seconds off pace on tracks like the new laser scanned Sebring, Bathurst and Interlagos. So what gives? I'm using the default 95 AI strength and I also tweak the set ups to my liking.

These tracks I know very well and does have wins and/or good results in iRacing in SOF races 2k and up iRatings. But in RF2, it seems I am all over the place, and the lack of speed AI have in some tracks puzzles me, And they are aliens at some tracks. Does RF2 AI utilize different set ups? Is their strength dictated by tracks or by cars?

Are you saying you don't practice & learn a track/car combo before a race? That you just plunge into a race?

I do, but not as serious back when I race online. I try to be as careful and clean as I can when I want to race with people. I actually practice 3 days, 1 to 2 hours each day before I race online on the 4th day... But if I race with AI, 30 mins practise is all I'd care to give them. ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back