F1 2013 what chat program

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
Do you mean text communication or voice?

Text is a waste of time, as I for one cannot type and drive at the same time. Just looking too long at part of the On Screen Display can cause me to drift off the side of the track.

Are you a PC or Console player? I would imagine there is a lot more choice for PC players and voice communications.

1/ The game has built in VOIP. I don't like it or use it, because if you are racing with friends, if you leave the lobby you have lost voice comms. Plus if you intend to race on public servers, apart from being crazy to do so (bad driving and vindictive or cheating drivers), you'll probably just hear a load of trash talk and whining.

2/ The game is linked to you Steam account, and Steam has built in text and voice chat. Again I don't use it, I have also never tried it. I have no reason to think that it would be a bad service, and it's free anyway.

3/ I think XFire has voice comms (and text), and that will be free too. Added bonus it can take screen shots and capture video

4/ I prefer and use Teamspeak 3 for all my voice comms across all games. However you need to find a server that you can use, or you can host one yourself or rent one. Personally I rent one, they are cheap, and available to use 24/7. If the server ever goes down, then I host one myself as an emergency measure. I pay about £3.50/month for a 16 slot TS3 server, no doubt some other places are cheaper. If you rent or host one, then you can lock it and make it private for the use of friends.

4/ Mumble is quite popular too, and just like Teamspeak servers, they can be rented or you can host it yourself.

I don't know what is available on Consoles ......

Cheers :)

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back