1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are the most bizarre/comic incidents in F1 over the years?

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by Dux, May 7, 2014.

1. Dux

The 1st MK Formula 1 rFactor Sim-Racing Champion Premium Member

Can you name your most bizarre or comic incidents in F1, as far as you can remember since you started watching F1?

For me, it was Michael Schumacher winning the race in Imola after he found out his mother died before the race started. It was kinda bizarre i remember myself saying he should not be allowed to drive, it was inspiring that he won. It was the first time my 20y older cousin (Hakkinen fan) who said big "Bravo" for that drive.

Last edited: May 7, 2014
  2. An unmanned Marussia rolling downhill at Nurburgring - both dangerous and hilarious.

Also, Canada 2011 and that poor marshal, who just couldn't get enough traction on a damp track to get the hell out of the way of incoming cars.

And from not so recent history - on old videos I keep seeing someone pushing his car to the finish line, only to pass out and fall down, but I can't remember (nor find out) who and when that was.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. James Hunt hitting a marshall next to the track, and then pointing at him to someone else as if to say "Did you see what he did?!".

Also, when he was asked what it takes to drive fast, and he answered with "Big balls...", and the interviewer just started laughing...

4. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Nigel Mansell, 1984 in the US. Was it Dallas those days? Might be...
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Chris Jenkins

Chris Jenkins
    Driving til the wheels fall off

Pastor Maldonaldo...
    • Haha Haha x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Ross Balfour

Ross Balfour
    #99 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs

The time someone hired Narian Karthekeyan and was being deadly serious
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Ross Balfour

Ross Balfour
    #99 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs

Actually no, the person who hired him second time round was more laughable.
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Andrew

Global Moderator Staff Premium Member

Taki Inoue's medical car incident on 1995 Hungary GP

Taki Inoue hit by the medical car
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  10. Ryan Ogurek

Ryan Ogurek
    Editor / Automotive News Staff

Kimi Raikkonen + press conference = hilarious.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Nox

Staff Premium Member

I know Pastor Maldonado has already been mentioned, but specifically for me:

His 2012 season with penalty after penalty after penalty. After his win (the race there was a fire in the garage) at Catalunya he said he had a good chance to fight for the championship. I nearly spat my tea out when I heard it.

When Maldonado accused Williams of sabotage in 2013.

How after he hit Gutierrez coming out the pits he said it wasn't his fault and that it wasn't the tires that touched but must have been due to the lower noses.

Oh, and the mechanic shaking his head with a laugh when the Maldonator crashed at the pit entrance at China this year.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Andrew

Global Moderator Staff Premium Member

I have googled for the Maldonado crash in China. 5.450 results. :roflmao:
    • Haha Haha x 1
  13. Jarno Trulli vs Adrien Sutil at a press conference in 2009:

• Haha Haha x 3
  14. USA GP 2005
    I never saw a can of beer being thrown into Rubens Barrichello before (and after too).
  15. That marshall that James Hunt hit was Ernie Strong who collected a tidy sum from James after taking him to court.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Benutzername

Online Martini Racing - Founder and driver

Hamilton in Season 2011... Going to stewards after each race+Hamilton vs. massa in 2011 :D

17. Mika Hakkinen has given us some funny moments. "I overtook the backmarker and then I overtook the Michael":

• Haha Haha x 1
  18. TTupsi

Premium Member

Canada 2008

• Agree Agree x 1