What are the most bizarre/comic incidents in F1 over the years?

Dux

Simracer since 99 / 3D Engineer & Game Developer
Can you name your most bizarre or comic incidents in F1, as far as you can remember since you started watching F1?

For me, it was Michael Schumacher winning the race in Imola after he found out his mother died before the race started. It was kinda bizarre i remember myself saying he should not be allowed to drive, it was inspiring that he won. It was the first time my 20y older cousin (Hakkinen fan) who said big "Bravo" for that drive.

Yours?

10256380_10152032562687407_7295037872750821126_n.jpg

Last edited:
An unmanned Marussia rolling downhill at Nurburgring - both dangerous and hilarious.

Also, Canada 2011 and that poor marshal, who just couldn't get enough traction on a damp track to get the hell out of the way of incoming cars.

And from not so recent history - on old videos I keep seeing someone pushing his car to the finish line, only to pass out and fall down, but I can't remember (nor find out) who and when that was.

James Hunt hitting a marshall next to the track, and then pointing at him to someone else as if to say "Did you see what he did?!".

Also, when he was asked what it takes to drive fast, and he answered with "Big balls...", and the interviewer just started laughing...

:roflmao:

I know Pastor Maldonado has already been mentioned, but specifically for me:

His 2012 season with penalty after penalty after penalty. After his win (the race there was a fire in the garage) at Catalunya he said he had a good chance to fight for the championship. I nearly spat my tea out when I heard it.

When Maldonado accused Williams of sabotage in 2013.

How after he hit Gutierrez coming out the pits he said it wasn't his fault and that it wasn't the tires that touched but must have been due to the lower noses.

Oh, and the mechanic shaking his head with a laugh when the Maldonator crashed at the pit entrance at China this year.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back