What are the differences between trucks?

I've looked around for this information for this title and the previous but can't seem to find any detail on if manufacturers have any distinct benefits and drawbacks other than cosmetic in the game.

So far as I'm just playing the demo while waiting for the boxed copy/key to arrive in the post as such I'm just trying to keep track of which vehicles are supplied by quick jobs but it gets a little confusing after a while keeping tabs on which vehicles I prefered and more over identifying why I prefered one over another.

Is it really just cosmetic and I shouldn't worry about it too much or is there a pro's and con's list that would be beneficial to know about?

I'm pretty sure that it's largely cosmetic if you're playing the game without mods. I did many, many quick jobs to earn the money to buy my own truck (I don't do loans) and most of the trucks felt pretty much the same to me.

If you use the physics mod available here they do feel somewhat different though, mainly because each manufacturer's trucks use different gear ratios. (You really should use the mod anyway as it really improves the feel of the trucks.)

There are differences in power but from what I read by one of the modders around all the trucks for example ship with the Scania gear ratios. There is a mod which addresses this but also changes the handling which may not be desired by all people.

Also I have just bought a new MAN truck after doing the last 10,000miles in the Volvo. I find it much better to drive when no trailer is attached but harder with the trailer than the Volvo. It's also very fragile with crashes that would result in maybe 5% damage in the Volvo dealing as high as 30% in the MAN.

Worth noting I have Physics mod 1.1 installed.

^^ That's the mod I'm using too. Without it the trucks feel the same to drive... can't comment on their susceptibility to damage as I don't crash too often!

It makes the trucks feel better than vanilla, in my opinion. The softer suspension is more realistic too... by default they feel like they're racing tuned or something.

Well a funny thing, I drive all the trucks in the game in real life, well variations of the models depicted in game, and I can assure you, they are all totally different to drive in many regards, the only one I have not driven is the Volvo FH16.

I am keen to get into the physics files and inject the realism aspects into them from a drivers prospective, silly stuff like adding correct gear shift timings, the DAF XF auto box for example is super dog slow, and terrible switching from D to R, the Premium on the other hand uses the Volvo transmission (with Renault software iirc) and is super quick by comparisson !! the Premium Cab in RL rolls like a boat on the twisties, whilst the Daf and Scania rather sturdy, the Merc and MAN much the same and somewhere between the two, just stuff like this would really make a nice difference :)

If someone would care to just give me a file list of the files I need to be looking into I will make a start on adding the correct physics as soon as I can ;)

already had a little play and found some files to look at provisionally, cannot find any file with a reference to tyre grip tho....so far it looks like all the trucks use the same core physics file with just a variation on gearbox and engine sadly :(

If anyone knows where the tyre grip co-ef is located be much appreciated, I hope maybe I can make a mod to give a full physics set to each unit eventually once I have learn't what I need to know.

Why Scania trucks are so expensive? Only comparing the specs they are not better than the others, so I was wondering if the game gives any advantage for these trucks, like less diesel consumption or damages. But from what you guys said above it doesn't happens (not using mods), so why should I buy a Scania and not a very better Volvo for the same (or less) amount of money? Only beacause I like the brand?

The Volvo is the best bang for the buck, it has the highest horsepower (even at entry level) for the same cost.

Buy the basic Volvos for your garage crew for most cost effectiveness although I'm not absolutely sure that the truck makes any difference to hired drivers in terms of their performance and profit potential. My second highest performing driver drives a relatively low powered Renault.

The Mercedes handles the best by a slight margin, I think it may be due to the longer wheelbase. The 6x4 Merc has an exceptionally long wheelbase.

The last patch actually changed the transmission ratios for all the trucks to a somewhat more realistic value and the transmissions for each truck are now (pretty much) different.

And I've just paid A LOT for mine...

ets2_00017_zpsbee370c2.png

Basicly.. nothing,in real life every truck has his +'s and -'s ..
For expleme... renaut are kinda weak trucks for heavy hauling,but its a good truck for light weight cargo..
and ofc there is the gear part,engine chassis electronic and etc..
i have drived on my big brother's Actros and the scania R420 and Kenworth (horrible shifting gear!)
i loved the most Scania's gear,his really smoth . the actros had Robotic gear so i can't really tell my opnion since its Auto..

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back