what are latest g27 settings and how do you guys adjusted by car class?

just bought some stuff in summer sale after not having touched the game for 18 months or so. looks like the g27 settings posted here refer to older builds, as i cannot find one that takes into account all the settings currently available on my screen. went with the sector3 set for g27, which was okish but probably some here use their own, better better ffb settings. i especially have no idea how the ffb multiplier for individual cars work. i found the place, found a high number (2,400) and was too timid to change anything as i had no clue which way to go. i'd be particularly interested in advice for dtm 2015 and wtcc 2015 since i will probably play these the most.

What OS are you running?
windows 10 64
Have you checked out this thread for FFB explanations?
yep, very helpful, just thought i could cut a corner by someone already having put the theory into g27practice and lending me a hand
What Logitech drivers are you using?
after the recent debacle caused by a logitech/windows10 miscommunication i am not quite sure but will check.
done checking: driver version 5.9.129.0 from 2010
lol, i also found out i no longer have access to that logitech g27 app where one could do the settings, wheels works perfectly, so what the heck

Have you disabled the auto drivers update in W10, because it's causing issues with the older Logitech wheels. After getting the latest drivers I had to revert to the older 5.10 ones as they don't seem to work well with the G25 0r G27.

I know that since I accidently updated to the new drivers then uninstalled them and put the older ones back on, my profiler has caused problems with the game. I now have to plug my wheel in after I've started the game. Very poor implementation from Logitech.
Suppose they would say they need to give main support to new wheels.:(

Have you disabled the auto drivers update in W10, because it's causing issues with the older Logitech wheels. After getting the latest drivers I had to revert to the older 5.10 ones as they don't seem to work well with the G25 0r G27.
That auto update crap was absolute hell. It screwed up all my profiler settings and stopped my pedals from being recognized at one point.

@Eckhart von Glan I have old screens of my G27 FFB settings on my PC. I will post them here after I get back from work if you want.

thx guys, i'll try the mike demers settings and see what comes up. i'll also try the one posted by a sector3 member here on the forum (which feels too strong) and lower the intensity via the ffb multiplier.
I will post my settings in a few hours if you want to take a look at them. I think they're pretty similar to ones found on the S3 forum, but I made a couple of tweaks. Also, I remember finding myself having to lower the FFB Multiplier in almost every car as there was too much clipping by default.

Most of the time I would aim for 0 clipping but because things can feel a little too weak on the low end forces on a G27, you're probably going to want to aim for "minor" clipping values to make sure minimum forces are detailed enough.

As promised, screens of what I used with my G27.

Attachments

• settings_2.jpg
    settings_2.jpg
    346.5 KB · Views: 251
  • settings_1.jpg
    settings_1.jpg
    330.1 KB · Views: 248
  • settings_3.jpg
    settings_3.jpg
    331.1 KB · Views: 246
cool, will definitely try these tomorrow (23.30 local time atm, bed beckoning ...). i tried the "mike" settings from the sector3 forum and they were nice but a tad squishy, i also tried the default and amped up the ffb multiplier a little and i used the ones from the forum here some months back (which are arm breaking tough) and decreased the multiplier. all three options are fine. i will try yours tomorrow and come back with results. thx again.

cool, will definitely try these tomorrow (23.30 local time atm, bed beckoning ...). i tried the "mike" settings from the sector3 forum and they were nice but a tad squishy, i also tried the default and amped up the ffb multiplier a little and i used the ones from the forum here some months back (which are arm breaking tough) and decreased the multiplier. all three options are fine. i will try yours tomorrow and come back with results. thx again.
Hey Eckhart, before you try the FFB settings, make sure you install this version of the Logitech driver. It's the latest 5.10.127 driver that gives you the best compatibility for Raceroom with the G27. Install that, and then try the FFB settings.

Let me know how it goes! :thumbsup:

finally got round to testing your settings and i like them fine. i now use three sets from this forum here and the simbin forum and have labelled them: soft medium strong. yours is the medium one. there is a serious problem with the deadzone in this game, though, all the sets try to find a way around, they all manage by 95%, but sometimes it still pops up as a minor problem.
have now set up my first wtcc season consisiting of tracks i do not own in / know inside out from iRacing and am currently trying to train the AI. race01 they were 5 secs a lap slower, hope they pick up some speed already in race02.

@Eckhart von Glan Awesome. The adaptive AI shouldn't take too long to train. If you want to maximize the accuracy of the adaptive AI, you can check @Lars Hansen's thread as it has some great info and steps you can follow.

As for the deadzone, not much you can do for that. I feel that my settings have minimized it, but due to the nature of the gear system that the G27 uses for the FFB, it's a drawback that doesn't have a sure fix.

Hopefully you'll consider becoming a Premium member sometime. The Raceroom RD club is fantastic and we've been having all sorts of fun racing including GT3, WTCC, Multiclass, etc. We have an event this coming Sunday that uses the free Aquila CR1. You could sign up in the event thread as a Freemium member which would give you a month long trial of club events. ;)

The AI thread is admittedly a bit of a mess, showing how I stumbled from one solution to the next. :D
Still haven't gotten around to re-writing the OP.
What you want is this post, and the accompanying vid:
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/training-the-adaptive-ai.121215/page-3#post-2235746
Training the AI does take some time, but if you're going to practice for a while anyway, might as well include one AI car and get an index written as you do so.

That aside, I can only echo Christians sentiment re. the RD Club.
Racing the AI is fine, but it's not the same as racing other people.
The main advantage RD has over i.e. iRacing is that it's always the same people you race against, so the tone is usually a somewhat lighter than iRacing.
More fun, fewer people yelling at you over TS. :D

thx caramidaru, i was just going to mention that. i am in fact a founding member of the original rd which was free for all, back in the day i did posters for rd series, e.g. the race07 mini cup and online commentary for our own race07 series, the sim racing team challenge (in which mr bogdan took part :) ). i never made the move to premium membership as my main sim by far is iRacing and the system there does not work well with the rd model.
actually, i am updating raceroom atm only as a non-online alternative to iRacing, on an evening where i only have 20 mins or so of spare time.
as for club races, i find it more and more difficult to commit to a given day and a given time, which i used to be able to do some years back. hence iRacing, where i play the very popular series and always find a full grid every hour or every second hour, the safety rating system takes care of the nutters (well, most anyway) and my online appetite is satisfied.
i will probably also try ac's ai sooner or later again, the last time i checked (12 months or so ago) i found them not very responsive, but maybe that has changed. atm my ac is uninstalled, as is my rF2, just have time for some iRacing and a wee bit solo raceroom.
but thx for all the advice you guys provided on raceroom, it was much needed.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back