1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

PC What apps do you guys run on your display ?

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by LAR555, Nov 17, 2015.

1. LAR555

LAR555
    Premium Member

With a big variety of things to get your desktop full I was just wondering which ones are the most important/usefull to have when racing or lapping times.

2. William Wester

William Wester
    Premium Member

I only use the FFB level app occasionally, otherwise nothing. I don't like seeing anything other than what I would see IRL (dash, windscreen). I use DashmeterPro for monitoring everything else.

3. Helicorsa , ptracker,spotter app

4. Stereo

Stereo
    Premium Member

A chat app, pedals, the basic information bar (speed, laptime, fuel, etc.), odometer. I use the corner names app sometimes when I'm learning a new track (I think it's called 'track description'?)

5. Bazooka_Joe

Bazooka_Joe
    Best of the worst, sometimes worst of the worst. Premium Member

On screen - none. All info is hidden including default apps. It's distracting me a lot, especially when trying to drive consistently. When I'm driving I don't want to think about that 1/10th lost on the corner for the rest of the lap for example that's affecting my clear mind for upcoming corners. Off-screen I'm using ptracker only. That's it :)

6. Terra21

Terra21
    Premium Member

Ptracker
    Delta app
    OV1 info
    Corner names
    Rsr timing
    Admin tools

7. Edward Mowinckel

Edward Mowinckel
    Call me Ed. Edward is okay, too. Premium Member

When I start out on a new track I usually have a track map and ideal racing line, but after I get more comfortable with the track I take off the line, then later the map.

I know the "ideal racing line" is seldom ideal for the car you're driving, but it gives me the confidence I need to open the throttle sooner, and get on the brakes later. When I take it off, that's when I start finding my ideal lines. It's all about making me feel good!

I also used to use AC Helmet Visor, though I modified the original textures. I stopped using it once 64-bit made Real Head Motion not work. Anyone know if Real Head Motion will be coming back as 64-bit?

8. Real head motion works in 32 bit , No major advantage of using 64 bit if you need real head motion

9. FFB/Pedals app and often a solitary gear indicator with no other data for cars that lack a digital dash because I don't have an H shifter for those cars that use them.

Everything else is either invisible but active like RSR or is used during replay analysis only. Sometimes later on in a session where I'm working on my lap times I bring up the delta bar app so I can know exactly where I'm losing or gaining time. I'm however not good enough a driver to be able to use it often without psyching myself out.