What apps do you guys run on your display ?

With a big variety of things to get your desktop full I was just wondering which ones are the most important/usefull to have when racing or lapping times.

A chat app, pedals, the basic information bar (speed, laptime, fuel, etc.), odometer. I use the corner names app sometimes when I'm learning a new track (I think it's called 'track description'?)

On screen - none. All info is hidden including default apps. It's distracting me a lot, especially when trying to drive consistently. When I'm driving I don't want to think about that 1/10th lost on the corner for the rest of the lap for example that's affecting my clear mind for upcoming corners. Off-screen I'm using ptracker only. That's it :)

When I start out on a new track I usually have a track map and ideal racing line, but after I get more comfortable with the track I take off the line, then later the map.

I know the "ideal racing line" is seldom ideal for the car you're driving, but it gives me the confidence I need to open the throttle sooner, and get on the brakes later. When I take it off, that's when I start finding my ideal lines. It's all about making me feel good!

I also used to use AC Helmet Visor, though I modified the original textures. I stopped using it once 64-bit made Real Head Motion not work. Anyone know if Real Head Motion will be coming back as 64-bit?

FFB/Pedals app and often a solitary gear indicator with no other data for cars that lack a digital dash because I don't have an H shifter for those cars that use them.

Everything else is either invisible but active like RSR or is used during replay analysis only. Sometimes later on in a session where I'm working on my lap times I bring up the delta bar app so I can know exactly where I'm losing or gaining time. I'm however not good enough a driver to be able to use it often without psyching myself out.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back