WELLWOOD GP & CLUB

Tracks WELLWOOD GP & CLUB v1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Caribstu submitted a new resource:

WELLWOOD GP & CLUB - GTR2 Fictional UK Track

WELLWOOD GP & CLUB Circuits
by Caribstu of Ripe Banana for GTR2

======================================

This is not a commercial project, and these tracks are free to use.

WELLWOOD is the Fifth of my 20 tracks to be released.

ABOUT THE TRACK

Wellwood Club Circuit is a fictional circuit inspired by the layout of Wombwell Kart Track, South Yorkshire, UK.
Wellwood GP Circuit is a fictional circuit inspired by corners of various UK circuits raced throughout the BTCC...

Read more about this resource...

The game crashes as it tries to start. I see the track plan and then--poof!--it crashes.

Any idea why?

Jeff
Hi Jeff

I released the track on Trackaholics last week and over 70 people have downloaded it. Only one person had a problem and after they ran a trace, we discovered they were missing the NIGHT.DDS from their shared skies GTR.

As far as I know the track runs fine for 99% of downloads and the problem is not with the track its self, but may be something like a shared file, or missing animation (flag marshal or spectator).

Someone on RD also had CTD but they've not run a trace for me to help them.
The only way to know for sure what's causing your CTD is to run a trace.

To do this,
1- If you don't have a shortcut already, Right-click on the game's executable, then click on "Create Shortcut". If you already have a shortcut go straight to step 2.
2- Right-click on the shortcut and search for Properties> Shortcut> Target
3- Under "Target", find the command line:"C:\Games\GTR2\GTR2.exe" and paste

" -trace=1000'"

at the end to change it to: ""C:\Games\GTR 2 FIA GT Racing Game\GTR2.exe" -trace=1000'" You must have the "" beginning and end and Notice that the expression "trace=1000" comes after a space.

4- Click Apply> Ok.
5- Now, when starting the game through this shortcut, whenever there is a problem with a car or track, a file will be created in the USER DATA > LOG folder, called "trace.txt".

The TRACE file opens with Notepad.
the error is generally toward the bottom of the text.

if you run a trace you can copy and paste the text in a message so we can see what's causing the CTD and if I can help you.

Out of curiosity have you downloaded my other tracks?
CHILTERN DOWN
HODDESDON
DOCKLANDS
BANBURY
if so did they run ok?

How do I run a "trace"? I downloaded several of this designer's excellent tracks and got them all working.

Jeff
@Fastjeff

To run a trace,
1- If you don't have a shortcut already, Right-click on the GTR2.exe, then click on "Create Shortcut".

2- Right-click on the shortcut and search for Properties> Shortcut> Target

3- Under "Target", find the command line: C:\Games\GTR2\GTR2.exe and replace it by copy and paste this text:

""C:\Games\GTR 2 FIA GT Racing Game\GTR2.exe" -trace=1000'"

NOTE : You must have the "" beginning and end and Notice that the expression "trace=1000" comes after a space. ALSO if your command line is D, or E, rather than C, then change the C to match your command line.

4- Click Apply> Ok.

5- Now, start the game through this shortcut, load the track, and when the game CTD go into your GAME main folder, open USER DATA, open LOG folder, you will see a text file called "trace.txt".

The TRACE file opens with Notepad. right click, open with notepad.
the error is generally toward the bottom of the text.

You can copy and paste the text into this discussion thread so we can see what's causing the CTD .

@Fastjeff

IF your command line in the GTR2 shortcut differs from what I've posted (because your game is stored in different folder location) then use the command line you have and paste this text at the end of what is there:

-trace=1000'"

NOTE you will need an empty space IN FRONT of the -trace=1000'"

Then click apply, ok. as per instructions.

Once you've correctly set up your shortcut with the trace, you will not have to do it again. Any future CTD will be recorded as a new trace.txt file in the USER > LOG so you can always see what caused the CTD.

How do I run a "trace"? I downloaded several of this designer's excellent tracks and got them all working.

Jeff
Hi Jeff

Please read Sergio's review and download his fix file from the mediafire link he's provided. As suspected it's the NIGHT.DDS

(which was packed into the trackmap.gtr but for some strange reason has been the cause of CTD.)

Hope you get to enjoy the track now.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back