1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Weight penalty

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Boby Kim, Jun 13, 2011.

1. Boby Kim

Boby Kim
    There is no spoon... Premium Member

Hi,

Im running a custom championship with weight penalty's. During the courses and having an extra 80 kg onboard its "relative" easy to set pole and even finish in the top 3 at AI 100%. I dont have the feeling weight penalty's work...

2. i had the same situation before
    pole was depending from circuit to circuit
    but without weight penalty I would have had pole for sure on (almost) every circuit

3. Run the dedicated server and set the AI to 105%. Start Race game and join that server and you will be able to have a decent fight. The downside to this is you are not going to be able to do much with a championship I think. I have not tested that aspect of the game yet, as I normally race online rather than in the championships.

4. Jim, may I ask, why does running the race on a dedicated server rather than in single player affect the game?

5. good question
    i'm curious too

6. I asked the same question in this thread.

It seems Jim's game may be bugged or outdated though because, as I said in that thread, I can set AI to 110% in offline game modes too.

7. Yeah, so can I... :confused:

8. TBH, it has been quite some time since I tried to adjust AI in offline mode. Didn't used to be able to do that over 100% :) Good to know that you can now, though I still use the ded server as the grip levels tend to be more in line with what is happening for the online races.

9. Boby Kim

Boby Kim
    There is no spoon... Premium Member

Well, I only play offline. Sometimes i go online and join a public server. Most of the time the race only last for 1 minute and then i leave. I would love to race club races but i noticed that the time format is difficult to fit in my personal life (...do i have one?).
    Im running a 12 courses championship and i was really exited to race my home race at Zandvoort. It was the worse race so far:frown:. The track was damp and i started on slicks wich was wrong! Spun twice of the track. Got a drive trough for speeding the pit lane ect ect. I just could not get into "the zone". Anyways, i will finish this championship and start again with the AI at 105%. Lets see what happens.