1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

Weight penalty

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Boby Kim, Jun 13, 2011.

1. Boby Kim

Boby Kim

Ratings:
    +339
    Hi,

Im running a custom championship with weight penalty's. During the courses and having an extra 80 kg onboard its "relative" easy to set pole and even finish in the top 3 at AI 100%. I dont have the feeling weight penalty's work...

2. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris

Ratings:
    +151
    i had the same situation before
    pole was depending from circuit to circuit
    but without weight penalty I would have had pole for sure on (almost) every circuit

3. Jim Cole

Jim Cole
    Premium

Ratings:
    +122
    Run the dedicated server and set the AI to 105%. Start Race game and join that server and you will be able to have a decent fight. The downside to this is you are not going to be able to do much with a championship I think. I have not tested that aspect of the game yet, as I normally race online rather than in the championships.

4. April Dillon

April Dillon

Ratings:
    +1,028
    Jim, may I ask, why does running the race on a dedicated server rather than in single player affect the game?

5. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris

Ratings:
    +151
    good question
    i'm curious too

6. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    A legend in my own mind... Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,903
    I asked the same question in this thread.

It seems Jim's game may be bugged or outdated though because, as I said in that thread, I can set AI to 110% in offline game modes too.

7. April Dillon

April Dillon

Ratings:
    +1,028
    Yeah, so can I... :confused:

8. Jim Cole

Jim Cole
    Premium

Ratings:
    +122
    TBH, it has been quite some time since I tried to adjust AI in offline mode. Didn't used to be able to do that over 100% :) Good to know that you can now, though I still use the ded server as the grip levels tend to be more in line with what is happening for the online races.

9. Boby Kim

Boby Kim

Ratings:
    +339
    Well, I only play offline. Sometimes i go online and join a public server. Most of the time the race only last for 1 minute and then i leave. I would love to race club races but i noticed that the time format is difficult to fit in my personal life (...do i have one?).
    Im running a 12 courses championship and i was really exited to race my home race at Zandvoort. It was the worse race so far:frown:. The track was damp and i started on slicks wich was wrong! Spun twice of the track. Got a drive trough for speeding the pit lane ect ect. I just could not get into "the zone". Anyways, i will finish this championship and start again with the AI at 105%. Lets see what happens.