Webber to be replaced by Raikkonen in 2011?

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
I was talking to Xose on msn congratulating eachother with Alonso almost being world champion (yeah sorry for that) and we both regret that Webber didn't finish the race in Korea yesterday.

Why?

If he would have scored a podium yesterday he was almost certain to become world champion at the end of the season and automatically get a new RB contract for 2011.(you don't fire a champion) Now he failed and I think the team can now finally put all their energy in their own favorite Vettel.

When Vettel finishes higher than Webber at the end of the season I fear they will not renew the contract with Mark and hire Kimmi Raikkonen for 2011 (driving for Red Bull in the WRC, salary paid by Ferrari)

I fear Webber ended his F1 career with the RBR team yesterday. What do you think?

AS i know Webber already has a contract for 2012, but i'm not sure.

But i would love to see such a transfer! Kimi Raikkonen joining the fray would be great for f1 with so many champion drivers.

This is just **** annoying. To fire a good driver for a worse one is like giving 1 Billion dollers to a person that will die tomorow.

I wish Webber will get a well deserved team because he surely can become a champion if he gets to drive for a team that isn't just focusing on the driver with the most mistakes. (that is Vettel for those who don't get me)

I am 110% sure that Raikkonen won't be able to score as much points as Webber have done. I am 120% sure he won't even help Red Bull to win the constracturs Tittle and if that happens then I will be laughing out loud because I really hate when teams are getting this unfair.

I know, racing is not about being fair but about the money and what suites the teams the best but you simple can't fire a driver who have proven to be Quick when he gets a bit more support then usual. His Performance in Hungaroring was the performence of a World Champion and if Webber becomes Champion then he have proven to me that he really deserved it although he killed the championship on Singapure by hitting Hamilton. (sorry but I am a Hamilton fan, not because of his personality but because of his driving and I know some say that he is a cheater but come on that is the worst argument that can be used)

Evrything above is my ominion and I am sure some of you might not like my opinion but "hey we humans are all diffirent". :D

RBR have had the best car for the last two years and won nothing last year and are blowing it again this year, so you have to look at the drivers, I think they will win the constructors this year but is a poor return for their dominance, these last couple of years could be their only chance, given the current financial climate and the bottom falling out of the fizzy pop market, Mateschitz( sp) wants to move the whole outfit to Austria so I can see them going back to the midfield and eventually being sold and rebranded.

Vettel also did a few mistakes this year, and Webber is still ahead him. True Vettel is faster in most of the cases, but Webber is also a really fast driver. There's no point in replacing him.

This year the only man who can beat Alonso is him, Hamilton and Vettel only has a chance if something will happen to Alonso (he gets rammed, make a mistake, or his engine dies). But Webber can win both races ahead Alonso and become champion. True it's not likely to happen, that's why he needs the help of Vettel imo. (especially because Alonso is supported by Massa)

Vettel also did a few mistakes this year, and Webber is still ahead him. True Vettel is faster in most of the cases, but Webber is also a really fast driver. There's no point in replacing him.

This year the only man who can beat Alonso is him, Hamilton and Vettel only has a chance if something will happen to Alonso (he gets rammed, make a mistake, or his engine dies). But Webber can win both races ahead Alonso and become champion. True it's not likely to happen, that's why he needs the help of Vettel imo. (especially because Alonso is supported by Massa)

But still Alonso may lose it if his car can't perform as good as Neither Webbers or Hamiltons car. Plus if neither Hamilton or Webber wins 2 races in a row they are world Champions so both Hamilton and Webber need to focus on winning and only winning.

IMO I would like Hamilton to win and webber to close up on Alonso do all 3 drivers will be so tight that only the winner at Abu Dhabi will be the champion because that would be the most spectacular race ever. (Expect Massa Raming Hamilton and Button Raming Alonso :D )

Edit: If ferrari is quick I Wish with all my heart that MAssa is going to be the quickest and if there will be Team orders involved Ferrari will lose evry single Brazilien fan (I hope a person from Brazil is called Brazilien)

Bram wrote that because we were talking about the momment were Vettel was on P1 and Webber out, that's why he also writes RB can concentrate in Vettel, because at the momment he was champ leader.

Guess this demonstrates why you shouldn't make public and controversial comments BEFORE the Race results are finalised.
There are still two Rounds to go, and based on this years events, anything is still possible.

I think RBR MUST put Webber clearly ahead of Vettel at this point, given the current points. If in fact they come to their senses and have Vettel support Webber, he is in a far better position to do so (support) than either Massa or Button based on recent performance.

Regardless of the outcome, I don't think Webber will be back at RBR next year. He will probably retire and come race with JPM. :). RBR needs to replace Scott Speed in NASCAR....

Who knows Webber might take Massa's place (don't think so...), but I belive he will go into a team that will focus on him and only him. That team could be Williams, Force India or Renault since Petrov is about to pack his bags.

Guess this demonstrates why you shouldn't make public and controversial comments BEFORE the Race results are finalised.
There are still two Rounds to go, and based on this years events, anything is still possible.

Yes but our talk was after the race was finished, but the conversation was about that momment, kind of "when Vettel was on P1 I was disperated because...", both of us want Webber/Alonso to be WC so was the worst scenario :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back