1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Webber confirmed to quit Formula 1?

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by Tom, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Staff

Overnight Radio Le Mans announced that Mark Webber had put pen to paper making the deal official, meaning he would join Porsche in their assault on the World Endurance Championship.

Webber is expected to quit F1 at the end of the season, when his contract with Red Bull expires.

Rumours of a move to Porsche have been simmering for some time, and the car giant last week did not deny an interest in hiring Webber for their new Le Mans sportscar program.
    Source

• Like Like x 3
  2. Mohameddo-san

Mohameddo-san
    F1 Sim Racer & #1 St. Bernard Lover on RD Premium Member

I hope Webber has a fun time racing with Porsche. F1 has become a major joke since Schumi left the first time.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Staff

4. His replacement for next year!:D
    [​IMG]

Perfect partner for Vettel!

• Like Like x 3
  5. Oh yeah !

6. I was thinking more likely Simona De Silvestro.

7. Hope she is good and not have the issues that followed Danika Patrick.

8. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

Horner: "Ok Seb, new team orders, no fraternizing with your team mate now". :whistling:

• Like Like x 5
  9. If some day we have a woman on F1 would be interesting to see how her Team-mate would deal with the situation, mainly if she could beat him.

10. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

With such a teammate Seb needs to be really careful with that finger. (I didn't say that, cheap joke)

On-topic. Webber has plenty of sportscar experience from his pre-F1 era. Not sure if he is still going to enjoy Le Mans after his horrific crash with the Mercedes in 99

11. He's done that in F1 as well, but it didn't stop him ;)

12. Yup :) He seems to have a nack(?) for making cars fly :)
    China he wheelied as well.

13. Aaand of course
    [​IMG]

14. Not bad for a no.2 driver!

Mark was practicing his new way of celebrating a race win. He'll do it again after he wins his next race in F1. The Red Bull mechanics will need to make sure that he just has the right amount of downforce on his car.

Mark is also hinting that the next step in his career may take him into Moto GP.

15. I hope not, I like seeing webber give vettel a hard time....

• Like Like x 2