PC1 We won't be fooled again

In my honest and humble opinion, I bought this game expecting a great game.

Nearly ALL of the previews were amazing, and the (understandable) PR and feedback was great. I was someone who felt like this deserved every cent they could get!

...Then I played the game.

What a mess.

For me, this has the most amount of bugs I have ever seen in a racing game and I've been playing since the late 80's...

We are now way beyond any kind of 'patching phase' and the game is still fundamentally broken in so many different ways.

The members of the SMS / WMD who comment on this forum seem stuck to their beliefs that this is the best thing since [sliced] french bread...

We Have members of their forum commenting and trying to discredit us, the players, telling us we have "agendas" et al. They deny any bug, they private message us telling us to be quiet!

I tell you now, I have no agenda apart from wanting a great game for full price. I want(ed) what was sold to me, what I was told to expect...

I got sold a dummy.

This studio / developer had mad respect from me until I realised their agenda, which is clearly about making money and it has nothing to do with me, the player.

I PAID good hard earned money to play this bug-ridden game... You just have to look through the recent posts on this site to see just how abundant and game-breaking those bugs are...

I've mentioned this before but honestly it feels like I paid $100 to BETA test this game... The least they could do is patch the many, many issues!

But no. Instead we get members of their forum coming here and telling us that we're the ones who are wrong. The same members who skite about how much money they are making. The exact same members who try to belittle anyone who criticises ProjectBUGS.

If anyone has an agenda, take a look a those who are profiting ...

I will NEVER trust this company with another cent.

Why would I?

Last edited:
IMO

The game has potential, but it was sold with too many issues, loosely documented FFB options, and no proper triple screen support.

Now SMS is looking for "more money" via DLC and funding for PC2 without addressing the issues in PC1. SMS focus needs to be on customer satisfaction, not more money. They claim to be a different kind of developer, but their MO is the same.

For me, it is the best physics I have ever played.... Not yet the best game.
(I should say the game physics that I prefer, not the best one).

I really prefer to drive in pCars than in any other game... but of course, so far it is very frustrating mainly because of the numerous multiplayer problems (pit stops, random strange behaviours, weather planning issues, missing basic hud info i.e. actual tyre compound, etc.)

Last edited:
I do really like PCars. However, i'm still struggling with some bugs. Low GPU usage + stutters.

I can accept that...hoping that the future patches will address theproblems.

Short story: A guy, who posted several tests he made about poor SLI performance, complained that the problem was THE GAME, and not his system... he asked a badge of Beta Tester

I "liked" his post. That's all. I said NO WORD, just LIKED (thumbs up)

Well, I GOT BANNED!!!...the guy as well.

And are they trying to attract support for their work? In this way?

No, thanks.

Last edited:
If they fixed the bugs, I'd pick it up again. It currently isn't even installed. Too many bugs to keep it entertaining. I've been computer gaming for almost thirty years. Over those three decades I've seen games become shorter and shorter, buggier and buggier. What is interesting is that the gaming public was accepting of it. Some of the problem with games these days is technology. Software will always chase the latest tech. Period. It has to. I'm accepting of an imperfect game/software. I, however, am not accepting of a racing "sim" that is missing or has most of the "sim" aspect broken. The writing was on the wall when the delays started. SMS/WMD needed to release the game. Bills had to be paid. I don't/wont ridicule them for that. I do, however, ridicule their actions and attitude since release.

Here is my take/problem with the developer. At some point, SMS knew the game wasn't going to be a release candidate long before the deadline came. A decision should have been made to release a game with the core components intact. The project manager should never be allowed to head a development team again. Then again, the PM's decisions may have been over ridden by the "suits".
What stands out the most (to me anyway) is that some of the most common, but important aspects of the game are buggy, or don't even exist. The replay bar is a great example. The replay is a very integral part of a racing sim. How do you not get that right? Answer? They did. It does exactly what they intended it to do.....sometimes.

Lastly, I freely admit that I've had a lot of fun with PCars. It was just too frustrating to continue playing it. Project Cars2 will be Project Cars1 release candidate. If it works, I will buy it. I will not, however, pre-order.

Swagg

IMO

Now SMS is looking for "more money" via DLC and funding for PC2 without addressing the issues in PC1. SMS focus needs to be on customer satisfaction, not more money. They claim to be a different kind of developer, but their MO is the same.

I thought roughly 1/2 off the staff was working on support and DLC for pCARS
and rather than firing the second 1/2 of the dev team and later try to rehire
they are starting pCARS 2.....sounds reasonable.

Now if there is no more support and patches for pCARS 1 I stand corrected,
but my guess is that bug fixing is high priority if You plan on selling DLC.

:whistling:

I thought roughly 1/2 off the staff was working on support and DLC for pCARS
and rather than firing the second 1/2 of the dev team and later try to rehire
they are starting pCARS 2.....sounds reasonable.

Now if there is no more support and patches for pCARS 1 I stand corrected,
but my guess is that bug fixing is high priority if You plan on selling DLC.

:whistling:

Over 70% of the staff is moving to pCars 2.

It's hard to get a firm nr on SMS staff with lots of devs coming and going and then back again for different parts of game.

In another thread here it's argued at 140 if I remember right, so around 40 working on pCARS 1.

Not BLIZZARD ENT support staff, but not bad, and there is no monthly sub ;)

I know there is a lot of animosity to DLC ...BUT it is an incentive for a company to support game with patches longer.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back