WC drivers competing in WT?

Tume

The unlucky Finn
marek.PNG

Wat8.jpg

But in all seriousness I have nothing against him, but the case itself. Imagine any WC driver participating for a WT race once...

The WT rules suplement states "Drivers are not allowed to move down from WS to WT without providing reasonable evidence of their relative pace to the series Race Director", but there is nothing written about "WC->WT".

At the same time, in the WS Rules suplement article 1.1 states: "The World Series category is just one step away from the World Championship and offers the drivers to gain the necessary experience before stepping up to FSRs highest class"

So it's clear that only drivers who are provided reasonable evidence of their back of pace in WC could be allowed to participate in WT, even if WC is not explicitely mentined in the WT rules suplement, as WS is considered an "step away" of WC.

Guys we are not a big team and Zipoli have not time for races. Me I am in WS and i can't do it, Michael Francesconi is the same situation. Other drivers are all in WT already, following the rules Godek is the only one can be in Zipoli seat. Why I should not do it? Godek was not too interested also to be in WT but I talk with him trying to make interest of my team and he was fair with me doing this race.
I see nothing bad in this, also in the other seasons it always happens.

Godek has driven 4 races in WS this year, this of course means that it's up to the WT Race Director to approve him driving in WT. Considering his pace and the fact that timezones don't seem to limit his driving in other series, if it was up to me I'd definitely not allow it.

The last time this type of stuff happened was in 2008/2009.

Erm Mikko,What happend then with Brljak last year ? :D He had pace for top5 WC and he was doing WT lol :D He lapped evryone in Monaco :D I dont see why Godek shouldn't be allowed to take part in WT as WS time doesn't suit for him :)

M.Radivojevic

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back