F1 2012 Warming tyres

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi guys,

You may have seen from another thread I appear to struggle in quali. In Monaco I was struggling again but decided to do an out lap then another to get green tyre temp and then did a flying lap which put me on pole by 2 tenths.

In f12011 the second lap on a fresh set of tyres was always quicker, that is to say out lap, next lap and then go for it. Do you guys think it's the same this year?

Hi guys,

You may have seen from another thread I appear to struggle in quali. In Monaco I was struggling again but decided to do an out lap then another to get green tyre temp and then did a flying lap which put me on pole by 2 tenths.

In f12011 the second lap on a fresh set of tyres was always quicker, that is to say out lap, next lap and then go for it. Do you guys think it's the same this year?

For me, usually the first flying lap is the fastest. After that - if I get faster it's like .2 for the whole lap which isn't worth it the tyre wear. :)

Reactions: Tom
In my experience it varies from track to track.
So for example, at Monaco because of the short lap and low speeds, it's tough to warm up the tyres sufficiently to set your fastest lap on the first run.

But I just did qually at India and I found that warming the tyres on the out lap was sufficient for my first run. And I was faster with the slightly fresher tyres.

I always do the beasting in the third lap, It think it's a mix of accostuming to the track and warm tyres and brakes. After that, in the fourth lap the "extra" grip is gone, so no good. I do put faster laps after the 4th sometimes but not very likely.

It depends on the tyre type your using. The options will get up to temp faster. The method I use to get tyre temp is to go hell for leather straight out the pits. That way you usually have good tyre temp by the time you start your flying lap. Just be careful of cold tyre mistakes.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back