• "Auto racing began 5 minutes after the second car was built." - Henry Ford
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Warm Daylight - ReShade preset 1.0

ReShade preset that gives the game slightly warmer, sunny day look

1. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,874
    Martin Fiala submitted a new resource:

Warm Daylight - ReShade preset - ReShade preset that gives the game slightly warmer, sunny day look

Read more about this resource...

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  2. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    R3E & AMS Club Manager Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,408
    I'm loving that look, Martin. I much prefer "warm" affects to "cold". I'm going to take a wild guess and say that this wont work with VR though? :(

3. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,874
    I'm sorry, but I honestly have no idea and no way of testing. If I search a bit, it looks like the answer is likely "no", rather than "yes", but it's hard to tell. And you've likely already searched yourself.

4. Ross Garland

Ross Garland

Ratings:
    +2,408
    Yep, but nothing definitive. Maybe I'll just give it go anyway. It's not going to break anything, after all.

Out of curiosity, I'm wondering if the same affect could be achieved with the game's own files. I forget where, but there are 2-3 different filters for the graphics, but no way to select them in-game. You can rename the files to apply them though. Pretty sure it was R3E anyway... :p

5. Ross Garland

Ross Garland

Ratings:
    +2,408
    Confirmed as not working with VR, which is a real shame. Your changes show up fine on my monitor and look really great, but in the headset nothing changes. Oh well. :(

• Sad Sad x 1
  6. RasmusP

RasmusP
    AC Stuff and G27 help Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +784
    @Ross Garland this thingy with the different mood files is indeed R3E, I've never done it though...

• Like Like x 1
  7. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,874
    I had no idea. I'll have a look at it.

8. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,874
    OK, I've tried the moods. It seems to work, but it's some kind of proprietary file, so no real possibility of editing easily. There's four options available:

default.mood
    [​IMG]

realistic.mood
    [​IMG]

standard_day.mood
    [​IMG]

xproc.mood
    [​IMG]

Also, this is what JF had to say about these files back in 2015:

"Just a word of explanation about those, they date back to when we were experimenting stuff with light settings. The names don't really have any meaning ("Realistic" doesn't really look more realistic for example). In early prototypes of the game, you could unlock some "mood" settings that made the game look totally different (black and white, instagram-like filters), which was dropped quickly. Now we're using the tech in a much smarter way, Sonoma will be the first track we release that has its own unique light settings for each of the 5 times of day. This means we can now freely tweak the visual feel of each track layout, which was not possible before where the 5 times of day were global, affecting all the tracks the same way."

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ross Garland

Ross Garland

Ratings:
    +2,408
    I tried the various "moods" yesterday, and can confirm that they work perfectly in VR. Unfortunately, there's not really one the recreates the 'warm' feel of your own mod. :thumbsdown:

• Sad Sad x 1
  10. RasmusP

RasmusP
    AC Stuff and G27 help Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +784
    Maybe the VR-Headsets have some calibration tool like normal Monitors? :(

11. Ross Garland

Ross Garland

Ratings:
    +2,408
    You can use your the nVidia control panel (and I presume ATI's equivalent) to manipulate the display, but that makes it a global setting. There's nothing wrong with VR in general, it's just RaceRoom has gone for a cold bluish tint in it's graphical style. It's not a big deal and certainly doesn't harm my enjoyment of the game. I just liked Martin's mod and am annoyed I can't use it! :D

12. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,874
    Well, to be fair to R3E, it's not really a bluish tint, the colors are fine, it's just a perfect 6500K white balance which does come off a bit too sterile and bluish for my (and apparently not just mine) tastes and my idea of a depiction of a sunny day.

I believe rF2 is doing something similar with their DX11 version so it comes off as blue tinted compared to DX9, but then again I didn't really check if it's just this or if there's something else going on there.

• Like Like x 2