Wanting a new wheel

I have a Simucube 2 Pro and a Asher button box and round wheel and have been wanting to get another wheel for more formal style and a different feel. I'm having a hard time narrowing it down.

Wireless is a nice bonus but not a requirement. It seems like I saw a decent number of post with problems with Cube Controls wheels which has scared me off them somewhat but I don't know if my impression is accurate.

The Asher has worked well for me and been problem free, but the buttons feel kind of underwhelming. Maybe my expectations were too high after everyone raved about Asher wheels when I got mine.

I got to play a little with a GSI Formula Pro Elite and overall liked how it felt. I think the grips seemed nice, but not sure if you lose any details with how soft they seem. Felt like the buttons were better than my Asher buttons, but the rotary switches did not feel particularly nice. They are pretty loose. Good layout though. The price is higher than I was wanting to spend though and it may be more than I need.

I'm not sure I need a display. Sure, it would be nice but I have never had one before. Shift lights would really be nice for me though. That is something I would really like in a new wheel as I can't always see them wheel in the sim I race unless I move my seating position around which is a pain.

I'd prefer a grip that I don't need to use gloves with. My current wheel is Alcantara and is pretty nasty now, even with me alway using gloves.

What do you all recommend now that there are more options out there?

• Deleted member 197115

You pretty much listed them all:
- Ascher F64-V3
- GSI Formula Pro Elite
- Cube Controls F-Pro
The other popular option that is missing is Rexing Formula.

Also Ascher had some new McLaren wheels demoed as SimExpo, not sure when they gonna offer them to public.

I am personally using Ascher F64-V3 SC, super nice wheel, integrates seamlessly with SC2 including analogue clutches via wireless, but I am biased toward Ascher in general, always liked their wheelplates.

Ended up getting a GSI Formula Pro Elite. Beautiful wheel. super solid, nice metal capped buttons, nice screen which I have never had before. Just wish the rotary encoders felt a bit nicer. There is lash/play in each encoder which makes that feel a bit cheap, though they seem to work well. I really like the big gaps too. Helps me with my tendency to grip the wheel a bit hard when I get into it.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.