VWSR S2: Virtual World Series by Renault

Status
Not open for further replies.
WELL I will bite my tongue and say very little...for me lol
connection held firm tonight but after seeing aldo disconnect, kevin disconnect, i realise it's not my computer/net

i was happy with my pace in quali although i only came 10t (it was close)
after all the practise and quali, we get some terrible driving AGAIN up front which caused a major collision. i went to the right to avoid it and somebody went into back of me. probs not their fault. with damage to the car and being hard to drive in straight line i spun after 1st corner and stayed still to let the 2 remaining cars passed.even after 2 seconds of waiting someone drove straight into me! :cool: needed? i tried to continue but car too hard to control and drove into wall completely wrecking my car.

i fail to understand why people can't drive around the first corner without crashing. same happened at htp.what a sad way to end the season for some. this was meant to be an hour long and my race ended in 1 minute. please understand the frustration.:cry:

on another note, thank you to the organisers. i like the broadcast stream and if there were commentators i think it would encourage even more people to take an interest but they might be hard to come by...and if they had to commentate on this race, i expect much of the commentary would end after the first corner :roflmao:

cheers all

That's a shame Andrew, I seen the start and it was a bit chaotic, a lot of tire smoke and spinning cars :O_o: couldn't tell who's who though.

i don't know if there is any way to put tags on the stream but would help massively. they used to do it in rfactor. the quality was better than any stream i've ever done tho !
it doesnt really show much on the live stream at the start. i was the green car on the back right in 10th out of about 13 or 14. aliens occupied the first 6 or 7 places and then a bunch of us were very close.i got a 1.24.7 which i was pleased with altho i did waste my best lap about 2 tenths up. i was ready for a good race into the night.
i think the problem is lack of wing mirrors. i should actually apologise to Scott Webber as i had to take evasive action and i think i braked too hard, taking you off with me. it was either hit them or hit you less lol hope you enjoyed the race. aldo, i watched you drive at me from your cockpit (after i spun on first corner). it was a bit like a crazy man trying to run over a little old lady lol (i'm just kidding ;)) hope your connection held out.

Calum McLure, we should race together soon!

Well that was a disappointing end to the season :( I put in a good amount of practice this week and managed to put it on pole. I had a rubbish start as usual but I couldn't see the lights from the front row.
Then just before T1 I got a tiny tap on my left rear and went spinning off into the wall...and to make matters worse just as I finished spinning another car landed on my bonnet and I was launched into the air and out of the race. Sorry to all those caught up in the chaos behind.
Thanks to the RD team for all the hard work in putting the season together :)

Well that was a disappointing end to the season :( I put in a good amount of practice this week and managed to put it on pole. I had a rubbish start as usual but I couldn't see the lights from the front row.
Then just before T1 I got a tiny tap on my left rear and went spinning off into the wall...and to make matters worse just as I finished spinning another car landed on my bonnet and I was launched into the air and out of the race. Sorry to all those caught up in the chaos behind.
Thanks to the RD team for all the hard work in putting the season together :)
wasn't you fault mate. you were very unlucky and on reflection, even the guy who caused it...well, to be fair, I've seen worse. think we need mirrors.

The streaming for rfactor2 is still being developed. When not using custom skins, it can be hard to tell who is who indeed :). But that will come.
For me, this was more a test to see how it looked when it turned dark. Wanted to check that.

To bad about the connection issues. Not sure what that could have caused.
And about the incident in the first not even corner.
I find it amazing that there is so much clean racing, and so much misery during lap 1. I feel people should practice the first laps more often, to get used to so many cars closeby.

Will have a thorough look later.

The streaming for rfactor2 is still being developed. When not using custom skins, it can be hard to tell who is who indeed :). But that will come.
For me, this was more a test to see how it looked when it turned dark. Wanted to check that.

To bad about the connection issues. Not sure what that could have caused.
And about the incident in the first not even corner.
I find it amazing that there is so much clean racing, and so much misery during lap 1. I feel people should practice the first laps more often, to get used to so many cars closeby.

Will have a thorough look later.
Marco you did great job indeed and thanks for the great time first of all. But tonight a lot of us are a little disappointed cause we just thought ab a different ending ;) I let you imagine...

Results are up! First the race itself:

Official results:
rdwsrs2r5results.jpg

And the additional info again:

rdwsrs2r5addinfo.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.