VSCC | S4 | R4: Oulton Park Classic

NARROW, FAST, TRICKY, BUMPY, DRAFTS, EXCITING OULTON PARK :))
@7:12 I'm so sorry Davy. When my connection dropped I didn't know my car was still physically there for you guys. Everyone on my screen disappeared so i thought I was not visible on the server.

Last edited:
Had a pretty poor qualifying. All throughout practice in the lead up to this race I couldn't seem to get the one lap deal sorted. Race pace was fantastic so that's what I focused on almost entirely. I knew that if I could just get through the tricky opening lap then I'd be able to start moving forward.

The formation lap was just ridiculous. Way too slow. Please, for the love of god, the leader has to pickup the pace in future. There was no chance to get any kind of temperature into the brakes or tyres because we were barely doing 80kph.

The battle for fifth was absolutely insane. I loved every minute of it. It was terrible for my tyres, but it was either try to fight through it into clean air, or drop back and bide my time. Took the former, and it was going well until everyone disappeared.

Huge apologies to @Davy Vandevenne, @Stiggy and @Thomas Hinss for any trouble I may have caused you. I didn't know my car was still physically there for you guys, as I couldn't see anyone. I wonder if I had just kept on driving, could I have remained in the race when my connection came back... Probably, but it would've been way too dangerous and probably would've caused more trouble than not.

Congrats to the podium getters! Very tough track, so to do well here is pretty special!

Full attack for Brands Hatch!

Last edited:
Good race for me after a poor quali. Had a really bad start as I usually do and lost 5 positions and on a track like this it sort of stuffs up your race as you can't overtake. However people started to fall off the track so I climbed a few.

Epic battle with @Sean Rogers and @Sam Smith. Tough to get past and it was such a relief when I did. Took me pretty much the whole race to get past Sean. Didn't help that I got a drive through for speeding in the pitlane :rolleyes:

Stoked to finish 9th (thanks @Mike Bell! :D) and with @Otune getting a podium we ended up with some pretty decent points :thumbsup:
Ah mate, it was a really awesome battle! you were faster overall and a well deserved 9th place :)
I would have preferred your final overtake for the position to not have been due to me running wide (made it too easy ;) ) but i'm quite sure you would have got it done regardless within the last 10 laps.
Pity @Shawn Jacobs crashed, it was an epic Rondeau / Speedy mite battle :cool:

Ah mate, it was a really awesome battle! you were faster overall and a well deserved 9th place :)
I would have preferred your final overtake for the position to not have been due to me running wide (made it too easy ;) ) but i'm quite sure you would have got it done regardless within the last 10 laps.
Totally agree with ya matey, was a whole lot of fun too :)

TBH I'm not sure if I would have passed you if you hadn't run wide. So hard to pass on this track, pretty sure all my "passes" were from people running wide or crashing :D

I was watching you two from when my engine went, was great watching you, you had Sam close to at one point, Jez was quick,

I have to apologize to Jack Trooper after I spun in Turn 2. I just clipped the inside kerb with my right rear which spun me around, right in front of you. My apologies :(

Had a damaged car, which I decided to repair. Just stuck my head down for the rest of the race, trying to find a rhythm. Decided to pit early to avoid a clump of blue flags, but ended up pitting a little bit too early. Tried to stretch the fuel, but in the end had to splash and dash. 3 visits to the pits in total, and 2 laps down. Ah well, bring on Brands.

Got the start of my life and made up for a pretty poor quali. Travelled along pretty close behind Oli for 20 laps in 4th then I just touched the bloody grass on that dodgy 4th gear left hander and did a 720 but luckily didnt hit the wall or get jammed behind it. I had only been a few tenths off Oli's pace per lap (which I was pretty pleased with) . Tyres were screwed after that and I was really struggling till pit time when I found myself caught in a traffic jam in the pit lane and couldnt go anywhere. Lost a heap of time there and my miss daisy pit entry effort dropped me back to 11th position. Made a bit of a run for the second stint and ended up back in 7th after some brilliant close racing without major contact or craziness from those around me
Thanks @Michael Stead @Thomas Hinss @Mike Bell @Stiggy .

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back