Cars VRC Prototype Series

Oh yeah I remember than mod, with bad physics isn't it ?
There's an update floating around which brings it closer to Kunos' 911 GT1-98.
It's not a fitting competition for a V12 LMR though, it's the 1998 GT1 and not the 99 LMGTP version.
There's the CLR from URD, but that's unfortunately abandoned too, like too many URD mods.

which one, besides clr, are abandoned? afair this is the only one which didn't get 1.0 status
The mentioned PX pack and the older EGT one are missing working tail lights (that bothered me even before Sol and CSP), most shifting animations, have steering animation issues and could use a physics overhaul. It's a real bummer. I like the guys at URD. Alles and co. are good people, but I also feel a bit scammed after all these years.

Oh - yeah, PX... true, totally forgot about it. Though they promised to update it recently. As for EGT - they claimed it's a final. So the easy fix for abandoned state - is to say there will no updates cause it's perfect, or not fixable) Considering they ported it from rf2 i can imagine why they were so lazy.. but these are old gloom days, eh?=) For such days the quality of CLR is quite impressive - it just needs to be updated for csp, but again bearing in mind it was totally free...
anyway, nowadays urd make nice mods from scratch. I did swear myself not to buy their products anymore but - here it is, the nice job should get payed)

giphy.gif

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea