VR (WMR) Problem with R3E

When I try to load R3E into VR (WMR) using my Samsung Odyssey Plus, the opening (ie - main) screen displays way below my view in VR. I can see the screen "below me" but it's so far down that it's not readable or clickable.

I've searched for a "Center VR View" function to map to a wheel button, but can't find one. So, how can I center R3E's display in VR so that it's usable?

Thanks!
Bert

When I try to load R3E into VR (WMR) using my Samsung Odyssey Plus, the opening (ie - main) screen displays way below my view in VR. I can see the screen "below me" but it's so far down that it's not readable or clickable.

I've searched for a "Center VR View" function to map to a wheel button, but can't find one. So, how can I center R3E's display in VR so that it's usable?

Thanks!
Bert

Read Ross's steps he posted

Thanks for that, but Ross's procedure only works for me up to a point.

Following his steps, I can get the main menu screen centered alright, but then I have no mouse control. <Windows + Y> doesn't bring it back either. :(

Looks like I'll have to continue using single-screen until this is patched.

Thanks anyway.
Bert

Bert, at the point just after you have recentered the main menu screen, are you certain that you don't have any other programme stealing focus from R3E?

I've sometimes made the mistake of having some other programme selected (Steam VR, for example) and it will take the cursor focus away from the actual game, leaving you unable to select anything with the mouse pointer.

Once you are at that point where you've just centered the menus, lift your hmd up and use alt/tab to scroll along your running applications list to make sure Raceroom is the tab that's brought into focus. If it is, you should be able to point and click as you wish.

Last edited:
Bert, at the point just after you have recentered the main menu screen, are you certain that you don't have any other programme stealing focus from R3E?

I've sometimes made the mistake of having some other programme selected (Steam VR, for example) and it will take the cursor focus away from the actual game, leaving you unable to select anything with the mouse pointer.

Once you are at that point where you've just centered the menus, lift your hmd up and use alt/tab to scroll along your running applications list to make sure Raceroom is the tab that's brought into focus. If it is, you should be able to point and click as you wish.

Good idea, Paul. I'll give that a try because I indeed have numerous other programs running such as Steam VR, WMR for Steam VR, OtterHUD, Fanalab, etc.

I'll try this later and report back.

Thanks!

@newbert Sorry, I forgot to mention something earlier.

You might already be doing things this way but just in case...
Once in game, bind a key to 'toggle monitor' so that you can mirror your hmd display. You'll then be able to lift your headset to see if any other applications are sitting over the top of the game. If all is good, you should see the mirrored game and nothing else.

Got it all working now - and without worrying about ALT-TAB! :D

FWIW - Before, I had been manually starting WMR and Steam VR (like I do for other sims) before starting "Raceroom for Steam VR". This time, I just started "Raceroom for SteamVR" without the other stuff already active, and everything worked fine!

The only thing of any slight annoyance is that sometimes the virtual mirror isn't displayed even though I have it on in settings. (It happens in "Practice" mode with some cars, but I can live with that.)

Thanks to all of you for the help!

On my side VR stopped working

I turn on VR 64bit , SteamVR starts, but whole screen is black and I cannot enter into the game itself. Alike freezing. Nothing but to exit the game or the SteamVR which effectively stops the game itself.

Anyone to help me out ?

On my side VR stopped working

I turn on VR 64bit , SteamVR starts, but whole screen is black and I cannot enter into the game itself. Alike freezing. Nothing but to exit the game or the SteamVR which effectively stops the game itself.

Anyone to help me out ?
Look at the floor and see if the image is below you...if so follow Ross's advice above

Reactions: Dux

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea